Summer is on its way, and we can’t wait to get in on the fun. Free fun happens all around the suburbs if you know where to look. These no-cost outings will help keep everyone engaged and enthusiastic, all with cash left over for the ice cream truck!
This article is sponsored by Dixon Law Office. Grant Dixon is invested in our community and we are grateful for his support!
When you, your child or another loved one has been injured, your first concern is to get them well. But when the injury was caused by the fault of someone else, you need a lawyer you can trust. For 31 years, Grant Dixon and his firm, the Dixon Law Office, have been helping families after they had the worst day of their life.
Grant’s record of success is remarkable. He has obtained multiple record verdicts and settlements for his clients. He was recently recognized as one of the Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys in the nation. Whether a car accident, nursing home neglect, or work injury, Grant and his team have successfully obtained millions-of-dollars in compensation for his clients.
If you or your family need a lawyer with the experience and a proven track record of success, call Dixon Law Office today. With offices in LaGrange, Chicago and DuPage County, they can help you and your family get the compensation you need. When everything goes wrong, they make it right. www.AttorneysMakingItRight.com
2021 Free Summer Fun in the Western Suburbs
Here are a few of our most popular articles with free ideas for summer fun:
- The Kidlist Park Playdate series is going to be absolutely amazing, with entertainment and a snack for kiddos at each event! Pencil in these dates now.
- Watch a movie in the park! Outdoor movies are more popular than ever this year. Some require pre-registration, so plan ahead.
- Pack up the lawn chairs and listen to a free concert through one of the summer music series.
Naperville hosts free children’s lunchtime entertainment every Tuesday, carrying on a tradition of hosting free shows that I remember fondly from my own childhood.
- Visit Chicagoland nature centers, which are a year-round source of free fun, and make for a great home base (with air conditioning!) for an outdoor adventure.
- Save on your dinner tab at these restaurants where kids eat free in Chicago’s west suburbs.
- Get some relief from the heat at these splash pads. (Many are free, while some charge a small fee.)
- Discover a new playground or visit one of our readers’ top playgrounds together. So many have opened up over the past year!
- Go fly a kite or find a kite festival!
- Hit the trail with the best forest preserve trails for kids and parks with paved paths.
- Encourage art appreciation by exploring a local art fair and festivals. Many have their 2021 plans out now!
- Support local farmers and businesses at a farmer’s market.
- Some west suburban Vacation Bible School programs have a fee, but many are free. Different churches are offering all kinds of options for in-person and at-home experiences.
- Libraries excited to be doing summer reading programs! Check with your local branch to see how their program is operating this year.
Free Events for Kids
Go to our events for kids page to find amazing events all summer long, including many for free. Katie does an amazing job hunting down great options, so this is one to bookmark for sure! Calendars for May, June, July, and August are already out and being updated.
Free Bowling for Kids
With Kids Bowl Free, registered kids receive 2 free games of bowling every day all summer long. You must create a login and enter your child’s month and year of birth in order to be eligible. Participating bowling alleys in this program include:
Elk Grove Bowl
53 Arlington Heights Rd
Elk Grove Village IL, 60007
Strike N Spare II
811 Northern Dr.
Lockport, IL 60441
Whirlyball – Naperville
3103 Odyssey Court
Naperville, IL 60563
1101 Butterfield Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187
We’d love to hear from our readers about what free family fun is happening in your town. Please share in the comments field below! Then, find more outdoor family fun.