“Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.” – Helen Keller. Brighten your day by getting lost in a maze and cutting your own fresh flowers at these local sunflower fields! These sunflower fields near Chicago include mazes, u-pick, and more. Be sure to bring bug spray, sunscreen, and sunglasses when winding through the sunflower fields. If you plan on cutting fresh flowers to take home, be sure to bring shears to cut the flowers, a vase, and water. Check out the map to find a spot near you!
We would love to fill our Instagram feed with your beautiful photos of the flowers and/or your kids and family. Tag us (@kidlist) or message us your photos so we can share them!
Are you searching for “Sunflower Field Near Me”? We have a handy map so you can see where all of the below sunflower farms are located! Scroll down to see features and dates for each location.
M & D Farms and Garden Center
14946 S. Bell Road
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Sunflower Of Color field opens July 10, 2021 which is a u-pick field. Each stem is $3 and there is a $5 entrance fee to enter the field (3 years old and under are free).
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-3pm. Please note that the field closes 30 minutes before closing time.
- More Sunflower fields will open in August.
- Check the M & D Farms Facebook page for more details when they are announced.
Johnson’s Farm Produce
8960 East Ridge Road
Hobart, IN 46342
- Sunflowers fields will open in September 11,12, 18, and 19. Check their website for dates as it gets closer, in case of change.
- $9 per person.
- Fun tram ride to the fields and also a field of Zinnias to walk through.
Von Bergen’s Country Market
9805 IL Route 173
Hebron, IL 60034
- Three sunflower mazes available throughout the season, July 5- September 26.
- Tickets on sale now, online only.
- Check the Von Bergen’s Facebook page before going to check conditions.
Thompson Strawberry Farm
14000 75th Street (location closed for the 2021 season)
Bristol, WI 53104
6621 156th Avenue (new location for the rest of the 2021 season)
Bristol, WI 53104
- July 10, 2021 through October
- $12.00/adult $6/child (10 and under). The entrance fee includes 6 flowers for each adult. Additional flowers are $1 each or $10/dozen.
- Hours: 10am-7pm daily
- Bring tools to cut the flowers with and a vase to keep them in.
Lannon Sunflower Farm
W204 N8525 Lannon Rd
Lannon, WI 53051
- U-pick sunflowers and sunflower maze, starting in late July through mid-Sepptember.
- Admission to the farm cost $20 per vehicle and includes 12 sunflowers.
- Check the Lannon Sunflower Farm Facebook page for the latest info
Stade’s Farm and Market
3709 West Miller Road
McHenry, IL 60051
- Cut-your-own sunflowers runs July 9, 2021 through September.
- 3 for $5 or $28 to fill a vase
- Check the Stade’s Facebook page before you go because they close the field depending on availability.
- Bring a stroller or wagon for young children. The walk to the u-pick fields is a bit of a hike!
Heap’s Sunflower Harvest
4853 US Highway 52
Minooka, IL 60447
- Picking on select days from August 20 through September 6, 2021.
- Take photos, cut your own flowers to take home and enjoy the other activities on the farm.
- $12 per person, 2 and under is free and includes 1 bloom.
Kuiper’s Sunflower Experience
1n145 Watson Road
Maple Park, IL 60151
- August 28 – mid-September, 2021 (depending on how long the blooms last)
- Admission is $14.99 per person and includes 1 bloom, each additional bloom is $2, children 2 years old and under are free.
Tom’s Sunflower Fields
10214 Algonquin Road
Huntley, IL 60142
- July 12 – September, 2021
- Admission is $10.00 online and $12.00 at the door, children 3 years old and under are free.
- Cutting field is $3 for a single stem or $15 for 6
- The sunflower field is about a 5-8 minute walk.
Sunflowers for Viewing
Matthiessen State Park
Oglesby, IL 61348
- Flowers are ONLY FOR VIEWING and in bloom through July and start to wilt in August.
- Free, no picking.
- We recommend calling the state park before going to make sure the sunflowers are still in bloom.
Tips for Picking at Sunflower Farms
Lavender Farm Picking
Nettle Creek Lavender Farm
8255 Pioneer Road
Morris, IL 60450
- Open May 6 – October 9, 2021.
Interested in more places to go outside? Head to our always updated page of Outdoor Places to Go and scroll through for tons of ideas!