Thanks for voting and sharing your comments to create this wonderful list of your favorites! Each indoor play area is listed in the order in which it was voted into the ten best. Enjoy and explore a new play area with your kids this winter! If you would like even more indoor play places to choose from, click here for the Indoor Play Areas list, which includes detailed reviews from local parents.
Westmont Yard • 233 63rd Street • Westmont, IL 60559
- SO much to do for all ages
- It is close to home, usually not very crowded, and plenty for bugs and littles to do to expend energy.
- The variety of equipment: inflatables, climbing tower, fields to run around on, push cars & toys
- Multiple places to play. Lots of room to run.
- 3 separate areas of play. Kids never get bored.
- The different areas that are appropriate for different ages.
- Tons of space to run around, toys for little ones too
- Location to meet my friends who live in the city; tons of things for my 2.5 year old son to do
- It is not very expensive and kids have a multitude of things to do.
La Grange Recreation Center • 536 East Avenue • La Grange, IL 60525
- I like the location and price
- Can take a break for a moment to watch and don’t have to chase them around
- It’s close to our house and a yearly membership is VERY affordable
- Good hours and low cost
- Haven’t been to the others!
- Fun playground equipment, toddler time gym, gym.
Ball Factory Indoor Play & Cafe • 864 S. Route 59 • Naperville, IL 60540
- I’ve never been but my kids rave about it
- Fun for many age groups.
- My girls love it and never get bored. Also great food
- Such a fun place, lots of places to climb, soft ball area to shoot out the balls across the room, too fun!
- We can spend whole day there and keep having fun
Forest the Fox’s Playbox • 10835 Wakefield Street • Westchester, IL 60154
- Clean & ADA accessible
- Small enough to see my kids the whole time and both my 2 year old and 6 year olds like it.
- It is usually not very crowded. The kids have a great time running around and it’s easy to watch them.
- Easy to watch the kids, child-friendly bathroom.
- Clean, GREAT for birthday parties
Kids Town • 1141 E Butterfield Rd • Wheaton, IL 60189
- My son loves to make friends and play here!
- Space, variety of activities
- It is a little more low key and parents tend to pay more attention to what their kids are doing.
- Play areas for all ages up to 9 or 10.
Kidstreet at Grounds for Hope Cafe • 2701 Maple Ave • Lisle, IL 60532
- Caters to different ages, low cost, food available, clean, and fun.
- Toy room, baby room, climbing structure, good coffee, not crowded, reasonable prices
Pump It Up • Lisle and Elmhurst Locations
- They have drop-off parties on occasional Fridays.
- Easy to keep tabs on kids while also relaxing yourself.
The Max • 4750 South Vernon Avenue • McCook, IL 60525
- It’s good for all ages.
- New bounce houses, very clean, not usually overcrowded, restaurant in house
Flying High Sports & Rec Center • 5400 East Avenue • Countryside, IL 60525
- Staff is friendly
- My kids love to run around the whole gym.
Sky Zone • 325 W Lake Street • Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Many bouncing options and well organized