Looking for a preschool or daycare for your little one? You came to the right place! With the help of local preschools and care facilities, we created a searchable directory with over 250 preschools and care options in the western suburbs so you can easily narrow down your search and get the information you need.
We aim to make your search for the right preschool or care option easier!
Some preschools and child care locations chose to upgrade their listing in order to provide you with more information. If you own or manage a preschool or preschool and would like to be featured, please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Searchable Preschool Directory: Search Criteria Definitions
The lines of preschool versus daycare can sometimes be blurred, so we wanted to define those terms for you to aid in your search:
- Preschool: lesson plans or a curriculum, follows school break schedule with or without optional extended care
- Daycare: child-watching service with care during school breaks
Also, for type of school, here are the explanations to help you narrow down what you are looking for if you would like to use these criteria:
- Play-based: Emphasis on learning through play
- Academic-based: Emphasis on learning through academic curriculum
- Nature-based: Majority of play and lessons taught outside year-round
- Montessori: Child-led learning
- Scaffolding: Teacher interaction during structured play
Preschools and Daycares in the Western Suburbs
Use the filter button below to search by location and/or features you are looking for.
Whether your child has a speech delay, sensory challenges, autism spectrum disorder, or learning to manage big feelings, Hummingbird Children’s Academy can help! Hummingbird offers the most comprehensive pediatric therapy Academy in the western suburbs for children of ALL developmental stages. Hummingbird Children’s Academy is run by pediatric therapists for kids ages 2-7. It serves as a preschool for littles or complements kids’ current school placement.
Learn about Hummingbird’s Academy programs here: https://www.hummingbirdpediatrictherapies.com/hummingbird-academy.html
Preschool at Timothy Christian Schools is a place where curiosity and exploration are fostered and cultivated. Every part of the day is intentional and taught by certified teachers from a Christian perspective. Timothy’s multi-age program (ages 3–5) is play-based and includes whole child activities. We partnered with Concordia University to develop a standards aligned curriculum that is theme-based and integrates differentiated learning experiences. Timothy’s Afternoon Explorations, early drop-off, late-pickup, and aftercare until 6pm lets you create a schedule that meets your child’s needs, whether that’s just one afternoon a week or many. Come tour Timothy Christian Schools and learn how we care for the whole child. (Ask about our recent award from the Illinois Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development!)
Arrow Academy is a PreK-8 Montessori-inspired private school designed for the 21st century. Our research-based approach prepares children to thrive by utilizing mixed-age studios, personalized learning plans, instructional technology, mastery learning, and character and leadership education. The Spark program for 4-7 year-olds creates a strong academic foundation for children, encourages independence, and emphasizes social-emotional learning through hands-on projects, curiosity exploration, and play. Young learners benefit from a small, close-knit community and a low student-teacher ratio. Full and half-day programs are available.
Please refer to the Illinois DCFS website to check licensing of these care facilities. Kidlist is not responsible for keeping up to date on the licensing status of each facility.
If your preschool or daycare is not included or you feel it is categorized incorrectly, please contact me at email@example.com and we can update the information in our database. Please note that we do not charge for basic listings in the guide. Our goal is to provide the most helpful and accurate information for local families.
How to Choose the Best Preschool for Your Child
Choosing the best preschool for your child can be a challenging task. Here are a few things to consider when making your decision:
- Curriculum and teaching style: Research the school’s curriculum and reference our guide to see what their teaching style is to ensure that it aligns with your child’s learning needs and interests.
- Staff qualifications and experience: Look into the qualifications and experience of the teachers and staff. It’s important to ensure that they are qualified and trained to provide a safe and nurturing environment for your child.
- Safety and cleanliness: Visit the school and take note of the overall cleanliness and safety of the facility. Make sure that the school follows appropriate safety protocols and has a good emergency plan in place.
- Class size and ratio: Consider the class size and the teacher-to-student ratio. Smaller class sizes and lower student-to-teacher ratios may be beneficial for your child’s learning and development.
- Location and hours: Consider the location of the school and the hours of operation. Make sure that the school is conveniently located and that the hours fit with your schedule.
- Parental involvement: Research the school’s policy on parental involvement, and think about how you would like to be involved in your child’s education.
- Schedule a visit: Schedule a visit to the school, meet the teachers, observe the classrooms, and ask any questions you may have. This will give you a good sense of the school’s environment and the quality of education offered.
It’s always a good idea to check references, ratings and reviews from other parents or educational experts before making a final decision.
Looking for more classes? Our Guide to Classes and Teams is perfect for you! Jump right down to the section for little kids or scroll through all of the categories to find a variety of options.