Time to dream of warmer weather and sign up for summer camp! Some camps are currently taking registrations, while others are still formulating their plans. But now is the time to start looking, because these camps might sell out! You also don’t want to miss the early bird discounts.
In this guide you will find camps for all ages – toddler through teen – and activities, including dance, gymnastics, STEAM, cooking, theater, soccer, volleyball, baking, cake decorating, engineering, science, nature, art, crafts, reading, voice, music, games, field trips, and outdoor adventures. Choose from the best summer camps for kids in the western suburbs!
We will be continually adding to this guide as more businesses and organizations are ready with their information, so check back as even more camps become available.
This guide is sponsored by the featured camps.
2022 Summer Camps
August 3-5, 2022
One session for ages 4-5 and one for ages 6-8. An enchanting 3-day dance camp themed around your dancers favorite princesses, including “Frozen II.” There will be games, dancing, and stories about a different princess each day! Plus arts, crafts, and snacks fit for a princess; and a special performance at the end. Fee includes craft supplies, snacks, and a special t-shirt.
Ages 4-5: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Ages 6-9: 1:30 – 3:30 pm
New! Disney+ Dance Camp
August 10-12, 2022
Each day your favorite Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar movies and characters come to life! Camp lasts 2 hours per day and will feature a different favorite movie from the popular streaming site. Dancers will learn fun new choreography, complete a craft, and have a snack! Parents can join at the end of the week for a mini-showcase (weather pending) where dancers perform their favorite new dances.
Ages 5-7: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Ages 8-10: 1:30 – 3:30 pm
Come join the fun! Gemini offers camps for ages 4 years old and up with morning and afternoon sessions available. Campers receive an exclusive camp leotard and swag. There’s limited availability, so don’t miss this one! Each camp is Monday through Friday and $299 per week. Here’s the lineup:
- June 13th-17th- Mini Gymnastics & Gymnastics
- June 20th-24th – Mini Ninjas & Ninjas
- June 27th-July 1st- Xcel Team Camp
- July 11th-15th- Mini Gymnastics & Gymnastics
- July 18th-22nd- Mini Ninjas & Ninjas
- July 25th-29th – Xcel Team Camp
- August 1st-5th – Mini Gymnastics & Gymnastics
- August 8th-12th- Mini Ninjas & Ninjas
More information can be found at the Register button below!
Breakaway Basketball is the largest skill development program in Illinois, training over 10K players a year and over 500 teams. Their mission is to teach players how to work hard and understand that being successful at anything is a process. This process takes focus, hard work, perseverance, and patience. They use the game of basketball to teach these lessons that will translate to their everyday lives.
Breakaway Summer Day Clinics are open to all K-8th grade Boys and Girls. The clinics will allow players to continue to develop their dribbling, shooting, passing, finishing moves, while most importantly building confidence and improving their individual skillset.
Impact Dance Studio offers camps all summer long for girls and boys ages 2-8. Our summer camps are Monday-Friday and will be held primarily at the downtown LaGrange location. Camps include a wide variety of fun themes all kids will love. New additions to our 2022 line-up include Sing 2, Encanto, and LOL Dolls! All camps are packed with activities, crafts, and snack time. Registration opens February 15 online at impactdancestudio.com.
BIG Gymnastics offers a variety of fun-filled options for families when it comes to summer camps! With camp options for ages 3 and up, there is something for everyone!
- Different themed camps ALL summer long including: Princess, Ninja, Gymnastics, Tumbling and More!
- Age-appropriate programs specific for each camp!
- Creative gymnastics activities, games and crafts all themed around each camp!
- Safe, clean and air-conditioned gym with experienced and trained staff!
Join BIG for a summer full of excitement! Visit the BIG website or call today to learn more about the camp options and “Do Something BIG with Your Summer!” Registration begins Tuesday, March 1st.
Naperville Park District Summer Camps keep kids active, having fun and making new friends all summer long! Choose from 70+ different sports camps, creative camps and multiple day camp options. Camps are offered for preschool and youth all the way up through high school. Register for a Naperville Park District summer camp and enjoy value and fun – all in one! Register today: 630-848-5000 or www.napervilleparks.org/availablecamps. Registration for 2022 summer camps begins March 14 for residents and March 17 for non-residents.
Hummingbird’s Summer Academy is a one-of-a-kind therapeutic enrichment program in the Western suburbs.
- Promotes self-confidence, critical thinking & successful peer relationships.
- Two professionally designed sensory play gyms to develop play and gross motor skills through climbing, swinging, running and jumping.
- Fun & creative therapeutic small group activities taught by licensed and certified pediatric therapists in the fields of speech/language pathology, occupational therapy, feeding therapy, developmental therapy, physical therapy, counseling and reading.
The 11-week Hummingbird Summer Academy is open to all kids between 2-7 years old. The Summer Academy begins June 6th-August 18th (Monday-Thursday, 8:30-11 am or 12-3pm).
Registration for summer is now open. These classes fill up fast!
The Second City Comedy Camps (in-person and online!)
230 W. North Avenue
Chicago, IL 60610
Website | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
The Second City’s signature Comedy Camps for kids & teens are jam-packed with fun & games! Campers explore the fundamentals of improv as taught and performed at The Second City and develop skills like creative thinking, self-confidence, listening, brainstorming, team building, empathy, and communication, all while having loads of laughs. They’re introduced to basic scene structure, the art of storytelling and character development through the study of classic Second City scenes and other written materials
Build gadgets and gizmos that spur imagination, challenge creative thinking, and strengthen problem solving during a summer camp like no other. Tinkering Camp is a half-day, in-person camp that provides an immersive opportunity to build with real tools to solve real problems. Budding engineers, ages 4–11 years, will find joy in the challenges, knowledge in the failures, and the confidence and ability to keep trying.
Tinkering Camp provides children a creative, safe environment to collaborate with peers as they explore concepts in science, technology, engineering, art, and math. Small groups with a child to adult ratio of 6:1 allows for a supportive experience. Confidence will soar as Campers bring their imaginations to life! Learn more: dupagechildrens.org/summer-camp.
Chicago kids ages 4-14 can spend the summer learning STEM, Arts & Sports at KidzToPros Summer Camps! With options for every age and interest, there is so much for your student to explore.
Choose from popular options including Wonder Robotics, Play It All Sports, MakerSpace: Games & Toys and more! At each camp, expert instructors guide campers through hands-on activities designed to build skills and develop a deeper love for learning.
Join them for a summer of problem-solving, skill-building and memory making at KidzToPros Summer Camps in Chicago!
Use code MKL-50 to save $50 on your registration until June 1st!
Blue Moose Sports Camp was created to give kids the opportunity to get outside. Join them this summer and PLAY! Your kids will learn new games, make new friends and work on skills in a safe, fun and engaging environment. Get a classic outdoor summer camp experience at Blue Moose!
There are three sessions: 8am-10am, 10:30am-12:30pm and 1pm-3pm. Sessions are $100 and you can sign up for multiple sessions per day. A full day option is also available, which runs from 8am-3pm and is limited to 25 kids.
Mention Kidlist for 10% off until April 30.
Are you looking for something fun and exciting for your child to do this summer? Make your child’s summer a fun, safe and memorable one by signing them up with Lombard Park District’s Summer Day Camp. Days will be filled with field trips, swimming, games, sports, art projects and new friendships. From ages 6-15, there’s a camp for everyone! Sign up for a few days, a week or the whole summer! Registration for 2022 summer camps begin March 1 for residents and March 8 for non-residents. Call (630) 620-7322 for more information!
Camps at the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago have one thing in common: they’re all about discovery. In Y camps, you are given the opportunity to explore, find new talents, try new activities, gain independence, form lasting friendships, and create lifelong memories!
Y camps have a way of transforming lives, taking us away from our normal routines and creating a safe environment to encounter and overcome a variety of challenges. No matter the task—from creative problem-solving to working together as a group in order to achieve a common goal—each camp experience nurtures character development in youth and teens through our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Want your child to experience the fun and excitement of making music? The Rockstar 101 Summer Day Camp is designed for beginner through intermediate players, 7-12 years of age. No prior experience is necessary. Students will get hands on experience with acoustic and electric guitar, bass, drums, and piano. This is a chance for kids to try out a wide range of instruments and discover which they love. They will explore these instruments through musical games and activities; learning music fundamentals, how to play songs, and even the basics of music technology & recording!
Running each week June 13th – August 12th Monday through Friday, 9AM – 3PM with an option for 8 am early drop off.
Calling all parents of adventurers in grades 1-8! Register your child for a summer full of learning and exploration at Naper Settlement’s Camp Naper this June-August. Utilizing Naper Settlement’s beautiful 13-acre museum campus as their learning laboratory, campers will go on adventures in history, art, science, and more! Whether learning the science behind their favorite magic trick or building their own box city with the help of a local construction firm, each of their 16 unique, themed day camps provide an immersive learning experience that will capture your child’s imagination, while strengthening their critical thinking and problem-solving skills. To learn more or register your child for one of the 3-, 4- or 5-day camps, please visit NaperSettlement.org/CampNaper.
The Oak Brook Park District provides a wide variety of exciting camp experiences for children of all ages. From the traditional recreational summer camp experience to an innovative tennis camp, summer is always a blast. They also offer a wide variety of sports camps, tennis skill development camps, and aquatic activities throughout the year! The Summer Camp Brochure will be available for viewing online starting February 7. Resident summer camp registration begins February 14 and non-resident registration begins February 28.
Join the Fun This Summer atBright Horizons®
Through Explorations, the summer program at Bright Horizons®, your child will have the opportunity to enjoy everything summer has to offer. During action-packed days, your child will experiment with science and technology, engage in the creative arts, discover nature, and explore the world. With experienced teachers, a curriculum based on each child’s interests, engaging projects and activities, special visitors, and more, summer will be fun and educational at the same time!
Summer programming comes with the same flexible scheduling they offer all year long. Whether you need care all summer, or just a few weeks, their summer sessions accommodate your family’s needs, providing you with care you can count on.
Bright Horizons centers are located throughout the western suburbs, including Oak Brook, Western Springs, Naperville, Lisle, Downers Grove, and Wheaton. Contact the center nearest you to learn more and enroll your child!
Weaving has endless possibilities and little equipment is needed to get started! It also offers great benefits for children:
- builds fine motor skill (pincer grasp)
- aids visual tracking
- building eye/hand coordination
- strengthens the muscles used in pincer grip
- physical experience of spatial concepts of up, over, and under
- helps in using both the dominant and non-dominant hands at the same time
PLUS it’s fun to create their very own cloth and understand how cloth is made.
Youth Frame Loom Weaving camp for ages 8-13 years old will be held on Tuesday mornings from 10-11:30 am. Session one spans July and session two, August. The cost is $120 per session, which includes all of the supplies needed.
The Community Park District of La Grange Park offers a wide range of fun and safe summer camp options designed to make memories that last a lifetime! Their traditional full day and half day Summer Day Camp is for kids grades K-5 and runs from 9am-4pm with a half-day options, and extended care available. La Grange Park also hosts a Summer Fun Camp for children ages 3-5. This half-day camp is perfect for little ones that love the excitement of making new friends and having fun. Both programs are a perfect blend of indoor and outdoor activities. They are also excited to safely bring back the popular Afternoon Antics outdoor camp for kids 6-12! All summer programming will adhere to IDPH and CDC guidelines. For more information, please visit www.communityparkdistrict.org.
The Youth Academy at College of DuPage offers a variety of exciting and academically engaging programs for students entering kindergarten through grade 12. Whether you are looking for in-person or virtual programming, the Youth Academy is offering over 100 different camps and courses. Do you have an active elementary student looking to get moving while learning with a new theme each week? Sign up for an Explorer Camp! What about a high school student looking to get ahead for the upcoming year? We have a course for that too! Learn about all the Youth Academy Summer courses College of DuPage has to offer in the 2022 Summer Class Schedule.
Swim on over to Superior Training this summer for QUINCY SWIM CAMPS! Weekly summer camps run Monday through Thursday. Camps begin on Monday, June 13th.
LG Celtics Summer Camp, in association with Manchester United’s Tom Statham is back for Summer 2022. Tom Statham is a Professional Soccer Coach and Ex Professional Player for Middlesbrough in England. Tom is the Senior Youth Team coach at Manchester United and has coached many professional players such as Lingard, Rashford and McTominay. This camp caters for all ages and abilities, please see our webpage for more information www.theceltics.org. Questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time really does fly and I hope the experiences of visitors to Bothwell Pottery are as enjoyable, uplifting and exciting as they are for me. It’s a gift to have the opportunity to work with so many talented, hard working and amazing kids. After a day of teaching Art at an elementary school, it may be a surprise but I truly look forward to teaching another 3-4 hours of art to kids in the studio after school.
Amazing fun at a week long clay camp experience, make and explore pottery. Kids have a great time developing skills, imagination and friendships in a small group setting.
Each week-long camp is offered 10am-12pm for ages 8+ and 1-3:30pm for ages 10+. Age is suggested, text or email for more info.
Visit www.bothwellpottery.com for updates.
Young performers (8-13) learn acting singing, and dancing from professional artists in a one week Kids Company Camp culminating in a Saturday performance. For ages 14-18, Music Theater Works’ Youth Company takes campers from technique to production over the course of two and a half weeks. This intensive training workshop is designed for students who are serious about pursuing musical theater performance.
Other Summer Camps to Consider
The following businesses have offered camps in the past and are most likely hosting summer camp again this year.
- Adler Planetarium
- All Seasons Ice Rinks Development Hockey Program
- American Music Institute
- Avery Coonley Summer Programs
- Basketball Paradise
- Bensenville Park District Camps
- Berwyn Park District
- Body Trek (Candor Health)
- Bright Lights Theatre
- Brookfield Zoo Camp
- Camp Fire Camp Kata Kani
- Camp Galileo
- Camp Geneva
- Camp Kata Kani
- Camp Manitoqua and Retreat Center
- Camp Tecumseh
- Center for Gifted / Midwest Torrance Center for Creativity
- Chicago Elite Volleyball Club
- Chicago International Soccer Club
- Clarendon Hills Park District Summer Camps
- Coding FUNdamentals at Codeverse
- Codinu Coding & Robotics Summer Camps
- College of DuPage Youth Camps
- Color Me Bright Summer Camps & Classes
- Community Park District of La Grange Park Summer Camps
- Courts Plus Elmhurst
- CTWS Summer Theatre Camp
- CYT Chicago
- Dance Center of La Grange
- Darien Park District Summer Camps
- Darien Youth Club
- Double J Riding Club Animal Adventure Camp
- Downers Grove (Indian Boundary) YMCA
- Downers Grove Park District Summer Camps
- Elite Sports Summer Camp
- Elmhurst Art Museum Summer Break Art Camp
- Elmhurst Blue Jays
- Elmhurst History Museum
- Elmhurst Park District
- Elmhurst YMCA
- Engineering for Kids
- Expression Dance Studio
- Farmhouse Academy
- Flipside Academy
- Forest Park Park District
- Forest Preserve District of DuPage County Kids Camps
- Fullersburg Woods Nature Education Center
- Glen Ellyn Park District
- Grace Academy Summer Program
- Grand Avenue Preschools
- Greater LaGrange YMCA Summer Camp
- Hinsdale Dance Academy
- Hodgkins Park District
- iD Tech
- Ignite VBC
- Illinois Gymnastics Institute
- Illinois Math and Science Academy
- Impact Dance Studio Summer Camps
- Ivy League Kids
- Jo’s Footwork Studio Dance Camps & Specialty Classes
- Kensington School
- Kids Science Labs
- LATTE Theater
- LG Celtics Summer Soccer Camp
- Lincoln Park Zoo Summer Conservation Camp
- Lions Jrs/1st Alliance Volleyball Summer Camps
- Lisle Park District
- Lively Arts Dance Academy
- Lombard Park District Summer Camps
- LoveIt DreamIt LiveIt Soccer
- Lyons Township Soccer Club
- Lyons Township Summer Activity Camps
- Magical Minds Studio
- Mattix Music Studio Summer Music Fest
- MAX Summer Camp
- Miss Mickey’s Tiny Dancers
- Museum of Science and Industry Fab Lab Summer Camp
- Music Makers Theatre
- My Gym Wheaton Summer Camp
- Naperville (Fry Family) YMCA
- Naperville Gymnastics Club
- Naperville Park District Summer Camps
- Northwestern University CTD Gifted Summer Program
- Oak Brook Park District Summer Camps
- Oakbrook Terrace Park District
- Ovation Academy Summer Camps
- Paramount School of the Arts Summer Camps
- Park District of La Grange Summer Camps
- Park District of Oak Park
- Parkview Kids Camp
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Camps
- Pleasant Dale Park District
- Principle Dance
- Rising Stars Summer Show Choir
- River Forest Park District
- Russian School of Math Summer School
- Salt Creek Ballet Summer Camps
- School of Rock
- School of the Art Institute
- Seton Montessori Summer Camp
- Shedd Aquarium Summer Programs
- Soccer Shots
- Spring Hill Day Camp
- STEM and Coding Summer Camps at Code Ninjas
- Strauch Art School Summer Art Studio
- Summer @ IMSA
- Summer Camp at Flying High
- Superior Training Swim Camp
- Team Elmhurst Soccer Club
- The Archery Place Summer Camp
- The Chopping Block
- The Community House Summer Day Camp
- The Kids’ Table
- The Kitchen Table
- The Morton Arboretum Summer Science Camps
- The Wilton School
- Timothy Christian Schools
- Tiny Toes Music Summer Family Sessions
- Tuthill Family Pet Rescue & Resource Center
- Ultimate Ninjas
- Villa Park Recreation Summer Camp
- Village of Brookfield Parks & Rec
- Village of Hinsdale Parks & Recreation
- Village of Romeoville Parks & Recreation Department
- Waubonsee YEP! Summer Camps
- Westchester Park District
- Western Springs Recreation Department
- Westmont Park District Camps
- Westmont Yard Summer Sport and FUN Camps
- Wheaton Park District Summer Camps
- White Sox Youth Camps
- Willowbrook Wildlife Center Camps
- Windy City Ninjas
- Woodridge Park District Camps
- YEP! Aurora Downtown Full Day Intensive Camps
If you are looking for a sleepaway camp or overnight camp, check out this list! Many of them sell out well in advance, but you can always check it out now so you are prepared for next year.
- Angelic Organics Farm Camp
- Brehm Summer
- Camp Agawak
- Camp Anokijig
- Camp Ben Frankel
- Camp Cedar Lodge
- Camp Chi
- Camp Jorn YMCA
- Camp Manito-Wish YMCA
- Camp Manitowa
- Camp Newaygo
- Camp Nicolet
- Camp Ojibwa
- Camp Tecumseh
- Camp Timberlane for Boys
- Camp Woodland for Girls and Towering Pines for Boys
- Cedar Lodge Horseback Riding Camp
- Chippewa Ranch Camp
- Covenant Harbor Bible Camp
- Harand Camp of the Theatre Arts
- Hoofbeat Ridge Camps
- Hoop Mountain Midwest Basketball
- Lake of the Woods Camp for Girls and Greenwoods Camp for Boys
- Loras Sports Camp
- Missouri Military Academy
- Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center
- St. John’s Northwestern
- Swift Nature Camp
- The Country Experience
- WeHaKee Camp for Girls