The Broadview Village Square McDonald’s has a very new, fresh Playplace that is one of the nicest I’ve seen. It has three levels to climb, a slide that goes down one level, and other equipment for bouncing, rolling and balancing on. The décor of the restaurant itself is very modern and fresh, with comfy stools and chairs in vivid colors. The floor around the perimeter of the play area is foamy and bouncy.
Is there ample parking? Can you park close?
- Yes, there is a good-sized parking lot.
How much does it cost?
When are they open?
- The Playplace is open from 9 am to 9 pm.
When is the best time or day to go? When is it the least crowded?
- It is less crowded when it’s not mealtime, so mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
Was it crowded when you went? About how many kids were there when you went?
- We went there for lunch on a weekday and there were about 9 kids. It didn’t feel crowded because kids ate and played at different times.
- It was nice to have lots of kids around – everyone was about the same age and played together a lot.
Are there public bathrooms? Is there a changing table? Are the bathrooms kid-friendly?
- There is a large, handicap accessible bathroom in the Playplace. However, it does not have a changing table.
- The women’s restroom in the main part of the restaurant has a changing table in one of the stalls.
- The bathrooms are nice, but nothing especially kid-friendly.
Is there a private space to nurse?
- No private space to nurse.
What was your child’s favorite part of the play area? Least favorite?
- Their favorite part was going down the slide. They said they liked everything!
What was your favorite part? Least favorite?
- My favorite part was that I could always see the kids through the play equipment (they had mesh-like screens you could see through).
- Least favorite is that there is lots of cookies and ice cream that other kids were eating and mine kept asking for.
Is it clean?
- The play equipment seemed clean. It is very new, so it looks fresh and modern.
- The tables had crumbs on them and the floor was dirty from snowy shoes.
- We were there for about an hour on two separate visits and both times staff came to mop the floors.
Was the staff friendly? Attentive? Pleasant?
- The staff was fine.
Is food allowed? Are there designated snack areas? Is food sold there?
- You can only eat food purchased there.
What ages do you feel the play area caters to?
- I think this is good for kids of all ages.
Is there an infant/baby area? Toddler friendly?
- Yes, there is a special area that is for kids under three. It has a small slide and toys on the walls to play with – knobs to twist and dials to turn.
- It is a good area for crawlers and new walkers that is separated from the larger play area.
Anything else you want to highlight?
- There are two tables that light up and change colors each time you touch a different spot.
McDonald’s Playplace Broadview
6000 Broadview Village Sq
Broadview, IL 60155
Review by: Lisa Katzenberger, mom to four-year-old twins
Thanks Lisa! If anyone has something to add feel free to comment below.
Want to check out other indoor places to play? Click here: Kidlist • Indoor Play Areas