Fall is our favorite season of the year, and fall festivals and Oktoberfests are the perfect way to celebrate it. This year, many are requiring advance registration, so make your plans early! Pumpkin carving, oompah bands, and hayrides are sure to get you into the fall spirit. Whether at an official event, or month-long festivities, spend as much time outside as you can!
This guide is sponsored by the featured listings.
2020 Fall Festivals and Oktoberfests in Chicago’s West and Southwest Suburbs
Backyard BBQ (Glen Ellyn)
September 12, 2020
Bring the Backyard BBQ celebration to your own backyard. Competitors will cook at home and hand off the final dish for judging.
Autumn Fest (Oak Brook)
September 19, 2020| 2:00 – 5:00 pm
1500 Forest Gate Road, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Autumn Fest is back and ready for social distance FUN! Due to COVID-19, we will be practicing social distancing at this year’s Autumn Fest event. We will have social distance “circles” available for purchase at $30.00 per circle. Each circle will allow for 6 people. For the first 90 minutes there will be entertainers providing a show directly to each section. The entertainers include, Anna, Elsa, & Kristof, a magician, a juggler, and a bubble show. During this rotation your child will also have the opportunity to do a craft and play carnival games. For the second half, we will have a kid friendly DJ planning games and songs! Visit www.obparks.org for more information.
Outdoor Fall Fun Fest (Hillside)
September 25, 2020 | 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Register in advance.
Oktoberfest (Naper Settlement, Naperville)
October 2 – 3, 2020 | Times TBD
Naper Settlement will make an announcement about Oktoberfest on their Facebook page, so check there for more details. This yearly festival involves traditional German cuisine and a live Oompah band.
Pumpkin Patch Festival (South Elgin)
October 3, 2020 | Time TBD
Enjoy a fall festival at SEBA Park. Check for details closer to the event.
The Last Straw Fall Event (Westmont)
October 4, 2020 | 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Scarecrow making, meet a beekeeper, animal program, pan for gold or minerals, live music, crafts, games, bake sale and pumpkin decorating. Most activities are free.
Indian Summer Festival (Woodridge)
October 4, 2020 | 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Trackless train, pony rides, petting zoo, make your own scarecrow, magic performances, and more. Check back for details.
Fall Fest (Oakbrook Terrace)
October 10, 2020 | 10:00 am – 12:00 pm or 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Advance registration is required by September 26.
Family Fall Fest (Katherine Legge Memorial Park, Hinsdale)
October 17, 2020 | 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Come in costume and enjoy a day of free family fun!
Fall Festival (Promenade, Bolingbrook)
October 23 – 25, 2020 | 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Come celebrate the 3rd annual Fall Festival.
Fall Fest (Warrenville)
October 30, 2020 | 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Costume parade, inflatables, games, balloon twister, petting zoo, live music, and food.
Festivals Undecided for 2020
As of August 17, 2020, the following organizations have not officially announced either details or cancellations of their usual fall events. Check their websites for more details.
- Oktoberfest (Berwyn)
- Boo at the Zoo (Brookfield Zoo)
- Oktoberfest (Downers Grove)
- Glow in the Park (Glen Ellyn)
- Pumpkin Flotilla Fest (Glen Ellyn)
- Luur’s Fall Festival (Hillside)
- Scarecrow Fest (St. Charles)
- WSBA Fall Festival (Western Springs)
- Danada Fall Festival (Wheaton)
- St. Matthew United Church of Christ Neighborhood Fun Fair (Wheaton)
These yearly events have officially been cancelled:
- Last Call Before Fall (Geneva)
- Autumn Fest & Chili Cook Off (North Riverside)
- Family Fall Fest (Elmhurst)
Fall Fests That Run Throughout the Season
Looking for more fall fun? Check out these activities that run all autumn long.
- Abbey Farms Pumpkin Daze (Aurora): Starts September 19
- Johansen Farms Children’s Zoo & Fall Festival (Bolingbrook): Starts September 15
- Dollinger’s Family Pumpkin Farm (Channahon): Starts September 14
- Bengtson’s Farm and Fall Fest (Homer Glen): Starts September 18
- Konow’s Corn Maze (Homer Glen): Starts September 19
- Didier Farms’ Pumpkinfest (Linconshire): Starts September 19
- Siegel’s Pumpkin Farm (Lockport): Starts September 28
- Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm (Minooka): Starts September 12
- Delair’s Cornstalk Farm (Orland Park): No 2020 details released yet
- The Children’s Farm Pumpkin Days (Palos Park): Starts October 1
- Hofbrauhaus Oktoberfest (Rosemont): Starts September 1
- Goebbert’s Fall Festival (South Barrington): Starts September 19
- Sonny Acres Farm Fall Festival (West Chicago): Starts September 19
- Cosley Zoo Pumpkin Fest (Wheaton): Starts October 1
Looking for more fall fun? Head over to our Guide to Fall Activities for Kids!