La Grange has a nice indoor playground that can be a perfect place to burn off some extra energy when it’s too cold or hot to play outside. The playground equipment is just like what you would find at an outdoor park. For littler kids, the time can pair well with the toddler open-gym days as well.
Is there ample parking? Can you park close?
- There is plenty of parking, it has a strip of parking right in front and a bigger lot connected a bit farther down to that.
How much does it cost?
- La Grange resident – $3 per child (3-12 years) and free under 3
- Non-resident – $5 per child (3-12 years) and $2 per child under 3
- Yearly passes also available (also includes indoor track, gym and 24 visits to toddler open gym)
- La Grange family – $45 per year
- Non-resident family $68 per year
- Neighborhood network family – $50 per year
When are they open?
- Monday-Friday 9am – 8pm
- Saturday 9am- 5pm
- Sunday 10:30am – 4pm
When is the best time or day to go? When is it the least crowded?
- In the mornings is generally the least busy time. It can get busy on school holidays. People come and go before and after other park district classes. There are more older kids in the afternoons.
Was it crowded when you went? or About how many kids were there when you went?
- It was not crowded when we were there. There was 7 other kids there when we went on a thursday morning.
Are there public bathrooms? Is there a changing table? Are the bathrooms kid-friendly?
- There are two bathrooms right in the playground area. There are changing tables in the bathrooms.
Is there a private space to nurse?
- Not in the playground area.
What was your child’s favorite part of the play area? Least favorite?
- Favorite part is the rolling slide and the climbing wall. Neither of my boys had a least favorite part!
What was your favorite part? Least favorite?
- The playground structure is great for climbing and burning off energy. The playground is mainly designed for older (>3) kids. There is no separate area that is more toddler-friendly.
Is it clean?
- Yes, very clean and well maintained.
Was the staff friendly? Attentive? Pleasant?
- The front desk staff at the park district are friendly. There is generally no other staff present in the playground area.
Is food allowed? Are there designated snack areas? Is food sold there?
- No food is allowed in the playground. There is an open lounge area inside the park district building however that has tables and vending machines.
What ages do you feel the play area caters to?
- Children 2-8 years
Is there an infant/baby area? Toddler friendly?
- There is not a designated toddler area. It can make a nice combination to use the playground on days when the toddler open gym is also available (tuesday, thursday and fridays 10-noon).
Indoor Playground at the La Grange Rec Center
536 East Avenue
La Grange, IL 60525
Review by: Megan, mother of two boys (5 and 3 years old)
Thanks Megan! If anyone has something to add feel free to comment below.
Want to check out other indoor places to play? Click here: Kidlist • Indoor Play Areas