Give the kids “pumpkin” to talk about this fall and head out to the pumpkin patch! I love fall and the gourd-geous weather. It’s time for one of my family’s favorite outings of the fall season . . . picking the perfect pumpkin’ at the pumpkin patch! You’ll find locations that not only offer pick-your-own pumpkins, but also all kinds of great attractions, children’s rides, and tasty fall treats. My kids’ favorite activity at the pumpkin patch is the pumpkin washing station at the end. Some farms may have muddy patches, so be sure to wear boots or bring a change of shoes for the car. You can spend a few hours or a whole day with your family having fun at one of these awesome pumpkin patches in Chicagoland! This article is sponsored by Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm.
Pumpkin Patches and Pumpkin Farms in the Chicagoland Area
Map of Pumpkin Farms
Features, Opening Dates, Pricing and More
🎃 Pumpkin Patch
🎃 🍎 Pumpkin Farm with Apple Picking Available
Be sure to check ahead to see if you need to purchase tickets in advance, be aware of new hours, etc.
Johansen Farms Children’s Zoo 🎃
710 W Boughton Rd.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440-1755
- Opening September 15, 2021.
- Free admission to just visit the pumpkin patch, store, pie house, or free photo room.
- Paid admission includes everything: petting zoo animals, pony rides, hayrides, slides, mini golf, and more. Admission varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Children 23 months and younger are free.
- TEXT the single word “fanclub” to (888) 853-0005 to become a Johansen Farms Fan Club member and get a coupon for $1.00 off general admission!
Dollinger Family Farm 🎃
7502 E. Hansel Rd.
Channahon, IL 60410
- Open September 13 – October 30, 2021. Daily from 10:00 – 6:30 pm. Free admission and parking, purchase tickets for individual attractions.
- Farm animals, petting zoo, farm playground, and four-acre corn maze every day. Weekend train rides, horse-drawn hayrides, face painting, and special food.
- Tickets may be purchased online for attractions here.
Windy Acres Farm 🎃
37w446 Fabyan Parkway
Geneva, IL 60134
- Opening September 18–October 31, 2021. Open daily 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- Attractions include a corn box, corn maze, mini golf, petting zoo, three inflatables, zip line, jumping pillow, and tractor rides.
- Monday–Friday: $15; Saturday–Sunday $17; seniors $13/$15; children under 2 are free.
County Line Orchard 🎃 🍎
200 S County Line Rd
Hobart, IN 46342
- Open September 1 – October 31, 2021.
- Hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm, daily.
- General admission is $2 and you pay for what you pick: 40¢/lb.
- Also have u-pick apples, barnyard jams, corn maze, moo-choo ride, and kids farm. Attraction prices are al a carte or an all access pass costs $12.
Bengtson’s Pumpkin Fest 🎃
13341 W. 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Opening September 17, 2021.
- Tractor-pulled hayrack rides, petting zoo, pony rides, pig races, haunted barn, corn boxes, milking cows, rides, and more.
- Admission includes unlimited rides and varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Kids 2 and under are free.
- Pony Rides sold separately for $6.
Konow’s Corn Maze 🎃
16849 S. Cedar Rd.
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Opening September 18 – October 30, 2021. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Advance purchased tickets are not available.
- On weekends, there are also pony rides, live bands, and a magician.
- Large and small corn mazes, corn pit, animal barn, straw playground, jumpy pillow, cow train express, hayrides, duck races, grain train tractor rides, and more.
- Prices for 2021: Weekday admission is $12/person; weekend admission is $15/person. Kids 2 and under are always free.
Puckerville Farms 🎃
133332 Bell Rd.
Lemont, IL 60439
- Pumpkin Fest is open September 13 – October 31, 2021
- Open 7 days a week, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Family farm on 180 acres of land.
- Free admission for buying pumpkins, mums, and more.
Didier Farms 🎃
6678 West Aptakisic Road
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
- September 18 – October 31, 2021, open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. Halloween Day 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Pumpkin playland, kiddie carousel, Ferris wheel, burlap bag slide, strawberry spin, scrambler, haunted forest, pony rides, animal land zoo, and camel rides.
- Pumpkins sold by the pound. No admission or parking fee; buy individual tickets for rides and attractions. Click here for pricing.
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm
17250 S Weber Road
Lockport, IL 60441
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm is for all ages! There are plenty of activities for little ones, such as the kiddie train, tractor rides, several different themed playgrounds, animatronic pumpkin show, petting barn, baby chicks, and more. Elementary school-aged kids will love the jumping pillow, climbing web, roller bowler, straw mountain, mega slide, duck races, tire mountain, and train ride. There is plenty for older kids, including paintball target shooting, jumping pillow dedicated for 12+, wizzer carnival ride, zip line, sports zone, enormous corn maze, and more.
General Admission includes over 35 unlimited attractions for all ages Friday–Sunday $24.95 (onsite) or $31.95 (advanced ticket purchased online). Children 2 and under are free and other discounts are available. Open September 25 – October 31, 2021, daily 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Tom and Zach’s Pumpkin Patch 🎃
15725 W. Bruce Rd.
Lockport, IL 60441
- No update yet for 2021, but it was open in 2020.
- Free admissions and parking to 1 1/2 acre patch.
- Wagons are provided to pick your pumpkin.
- Props throughout patch for picture opportunities.
Jonamac Orchard 🎃 🍎
19412 Shabbona Rd.
Malta, IL 60150
- Opening day for pumpkins is September 21, 2021.
- 3 pumpkins for $20 or 1 for $10.
- Monday through Thursday they have a jumping pillow and barn animals (admission is $6) and Friday, Saturday, Sunday there is a variety of activities including a corn maze, apple train, launchers, and cannon, petting zoo, pony rides, and hay ride (prices vary).
- Attraction tickets are available online here.
Crosswind Farms 🎃
14435 W. Manhattan Monee Road
Manhattan, IL 60442
- Small family owned farm with U-Pick pumpkins in the month of October. Open daily from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Bring a lunch, wear closed toe shoes and old clothes to walk through the fields where chickens roam.
- Check their Facebook page here for updates on ripe fruits, vegetables, and pumpkins.
Kuiper’s Family Farm 🎃 🍎
1n145 Watson Road
Maple Park, IL 60151
- Pumpkins are available starting September 18 – October 31, 2021.
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm; Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- They also have an apple orchard, corn maze, gourd arbor, corn box, hay wagon ride, jumping pillow, petting zoo, pig races, tractor train, and woodland walk.
- Reservations not required, but advanced reservations are discounted. Buy tickets here.
Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm 🎃
4853 US Highway 52
Minooka, IL 60447
- Open September 12 – October 31, 2021. Hours 10:00am – 6:30pm (closing at 2:30pm on October 31).
- Corn and soy bean mazes, heaps o’ fun barn, farm animals, pumpkin patch, food, live entertainment, and more.
- Tickets and passes vary by day, time, and attractions; see website for pricing.
- Catch a hay ride out to the 25-acre pumpkin patch full of 90 different varieties of pumpkins, gourds and squash. Pick from traditional jack o’ lanterns, white pumpkins of all sizes, bumpy pumpkins, and green, red, and multi-colored pumpkins.
Melka Landscaping and Garden Center 🎃
11606 179th Street
Mokena, IL 60448
- 2021 information not yet released; check website for details.
- 2020 offered pumpkin patch, bounce house, and seasonal decorations.
- Free admission and parking.
Keller’s Farmstand 🎃 🍎
2500 Johnson Rd
Oswego, IL 60543
- U-Pick pumkins begins at the end of September and apple picking begins in late August, 2021
- Open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Pumpkins: $2.50 each for pie pumpkins, $7.50 each for all other pumpkins, including specialty pumpkins
- Apples: Admission is $8/person for ¼ peck bag (about 3 lbs), $16/person for ½ peck bag (about 5–6 lbs), $32/person for 1 peck bag (about 10–12 lbs), children 4 and under are free, but do not receive a bag
The Cornstalk Farm 🎃
13901 Wolf Road
Orland Park, IL 60467
- September 25–October 25, 2021. Open weekends only between 10:00pm – 6:00pm .
- Pumpkins, cornstalks, crafts, jellies, and more.
- Pumpkin patch of all shapes and sizes with a craft barn of home decor for purchase.
- Free admission and parking.
Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard 🎃 🍎
42W813 Reinking Road
Pingree Grove, IL 60140
- Apples and pumpkins available from August 27 – October 31, 2021
- Open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Admission prices include haunted house, kiddie play land, straw maze, singing chickens, pumpkin-eating dinosaur, pumpkin express train, corn box, jumping pillow, pedal carts, carousel, pumpkin slide, tire mountain, pumpkin cannon, western town, straw mound, pig races, and animals with a pig family, giraffe barn, and feathered friends. Magic show on weekends in October.
- General Admission $17 weekdays, and $20 on weekends and holidays, additional fee for camel rides and shooting gallery
Bronkberry Farms 🎃
18060 S. Bronk Road
Plainfield, IL 60586
- October 9–10, 2021 craft fair and fest.
- Pick your own pumpkin patch, gourds, mums, apples and more.
- Weekend hayrack rides, caramel-dipped apples.
Woody’s Orchard 🎃
3223 Creek Rd.
Plano, IL 60545
- Pumpkins ripen end of September. Season ends October 31, 2021.
- Open Thursday–Sunday from 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- Attractions include playhouse village, spider web, corn jump, jump pad, hay maze, big tractor slides, duck racers, hamster rollers, and climbing tire pile.
- Admission $10/person over 2 daily or a season pass for $19/person.
Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch 🎃
40 W. Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010
- Open September 11– October 31, 2021. Hours 9:00am – 6:00pm daily. Tickets available on their website.
- Paid attractions include animal land, pony rides, camel rides, wagon ride, jumping pillow, and pig races.
- Free to enter Harvest Market area with pumpkins, fresh veggies, bakery goods, and country store.
- No general admission fee during the week, General admission is now being charged on weekends $20. Click here to see pricing.
Richardson Adventure Farm 🎃
909 English Prairie Rd
Spring Grove, IL 60081
- Open September 11 – November 7, 2021.
- Hours: Thursdays 3:00pm – 9:00pm, Friday – Saturdays 10:00am – 11:00pm, Sundays 12:00pm – 9:00pm.
- World’s largest corn maze, 700′ Zip Line, 50′ observation tower, ORBiting! (giant ball rides), live pig races, jumping pillows, giant slides, pedal carts, and wagon rides.
- Admission prices vary between $15–$22, based on age and day of the week.
- Pumpkin patch includes a variety of shapes and sizes. All pumpkins and squash are priced by weight. $0.45/ lb
Odyssey Fun Farm 🎃
18900 Oak Park Avenue
Tinley Park, IL 60477
- Opening September 25, 2021. Closed September 27–29 and October 4–6.
- Attractions include a corn maze, pumpkin patch, cow train (must wear a mask), petting zoo, corn cannon, pig races, hay rides (must wear a mask), kids zone, zip lines, bouncy horses, flashlight maze, pillow jumpy, hay maze, corn box, hay pyramid, and pumpkin house.
- Admission is $22/person on weekdays and $24/person on weekends. Children 1 and under are free.
- Additional cost for pony rides, zip line, zombie safari hay ride, pitch black flashlight corn maze, and shooting gallery.
Honey Hill Orchard 🎃 🍎
11747 Waterman Road
Waterman, IL 60556
- Open daily from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm through October 31, 2021. Pumpkins are available starting in late September, but call first to confirm.
- Everyone must have a bag to enter the orchard. 2 and under are free.
- Pumpkins, apples, apple donuts, honey, pies, petting zoo, and wagon rides
Sonny Acres Farm 🎃
29W310 North Ave
West Chicago, IL 60185
- Opening September 18, 2021
- Hayrides, petting zoo, jumping pillow, inflatables, haunted house and haunted wagon ride, amusement rides, food, costume shop, pony rides, and more.
- See website for hours and pricing.
Cosley Zoo Pumpkin Fest 🎃
1356 N Gary Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
- October 1–31, 2021; Monday–Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Apples, gourds, pumpkins, cider, cornstalks, and various sizes of straw bales are available to purchase.
All Seasons Orchard 🎃 🍎
14510 Illinois Route 176
Woodstock, IL 60098
- Pumpkins are available starting towards the end of September 2021. Closes October 31, 2021.
- Open Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm; Saturday, Sunday, Labor Day, and Columbus Day 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- Corn maze, petting zoo, bunny village, giant swings, spider web climbing, mini zipline, tire mountain, pumpkin checkers, pumpkin bowling, pedal karts, jumping pillow, goat bridge, tube slide, sand box, corn hole, giant rocker, duck races, hay maze.
- Activities are $12 per person on weekdays and $17 per person on weekends and holidays. Combo pricing is available if you would like to go apple picking as well.
For more fall family fun, be sure to check out our Fall Activity Guide that has everything in one place! We also have a great guide to Fall Festivals and Oktoberfests. Happy Fall from all of us at Kidlist!