Oh my gourd, I love fall! It’s time for one of our favorite outings of the fall season . . . picking the perfect pumpkin at the pumpkin patch! You’ll find locations that not only offer pick-your-own pumpkins, but also all kinds of great attractions, children’s rides, and tasty fall treats. Spend a few hours or a whole day with your family having fun at one of these awesome pumpkin patches in or around Chicagoland!
This guide is sponsored by the featured listings.
Pumpkin Patches and Pumpkin Farms in the Chicagoland Area
Map of Pumpkin Farms
Features, Opening Dates, Pricing and More
Details may change, especially as these local businesses deal with the challenge presented by COVID-19 this year. Be sure to check ahead to see if you need to purchase tickets in advance, be aware of new hours, etc.
Bengtson’s Pumpkin Fest
13341 W. 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Opening September 18, 2020.
- New rules for 2020 will be announced on September 15, 2020.
- Tractor-pulled hayrack rides, petting zoo, pony rides, pig races, haunted barn, corn boxes, milking cows, rides, and more.
- Admission includes unlimited rides and varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Kids 2 and under are free.
Johansen Farms Children’s Zoo
710 W Boughton Rd.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440-1755
- Opening September 18, 2020.
- Full set of rules and info for 2020 coming closer to opening day.
- Free admission to just visit the pumpkin patch, store, pie house, or free photo room.
- Paid admission includes everything: petting zoo animals, pony rides, hayrides, slides, mini golf, and more. Admission varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Children 23 months and younger are free.
- Text “fanclub” to 31996 to receive special deals and coupons at Johansen’s Farms.
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm
17250 S Weber Road
Lockport, IL 60441
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm is for all ages! There are plenty of activities for little ones, such as the kiddie train, tractor rides, several different themed playgrounds, animatronic pumpkin show, petting barn, baby chicks, and more. Elementary school-aged kids will love the jumping pillow, climbing web, roller bowler, straw mountain, mega slide, duck races, tire mountain, and train ride. There is plenty for older kids, including paintball target shooting, jumping pillow dedicated for 12+, wizzer carnival ride, zip line, sports zone, enormous corn maze, and more.
General Admission includes over 30 unlimited attractions for all ages Friday- Sunday $19.95. Children 2 and under are free. On your way out, remember to grab your bounce back ticket to return for just $5! Open September 26 – October 31, 2020, Friday – Sunday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm.
Cosley Zoo Pumpkin Fest
1356 N Gary Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
- October 1 – 31, 2020; Monday – Sunday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Pumpkin patch with pumpkins and cider available for purchase
The Children’s Farm
12700 Southwest Highway
Palos Park, IL 60464
- Open Thursday- Sunday in October from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- Small and large group tours are available during the week for reservations to help socially distance your group.
- Pumpkin Playland including bale climber, spooky barn, petting zoo, and crazy maze ($8 admission for ages 2 and up).
Konow’s Corn Maze
16849 S. Cedar Rd.
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Opening September 19 – October 30, 2020. Closed on Tuesdays. On weekends, there are also pony rides, Oktoberfest live bands, and Smokin’ Jim’s BBQ.
- Large and small corn mazes, corn pit, animal barn, straw playground, jumpy pillow, cow train express, hayrides, duck races, grain train tractor rides, and more.
- Prices for 2020 -Weekday admission is $11/person; weekend admission is $13/person. 2 and under are always free.
Windy Acres Farm
37w446 Fabyan Parkway
Geneva, IL 60134
- Opening September 19 – October 31, 2020. Open Monday- Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Attractions include a corn box, corn maze, mini golf, petting zoo, three inflatables, zip line, jumping pillow, and tractor rides.
- Monday- Friday ages 2 and over $12 per day. Saturday-Sunday $14. Seniors $10/$12, and children under 2 are free.
Sonny Acres Farm
29W310 North Ave
West Chicago, IL 60185
- Opening in September, dates not announced yet.
- Hayrides, petting zoo, haunted house and haunted wagon ride, amusement rides, food truck, costume shop, pony and camel rides, and more.
- 2020 pricing is not available yet.
Odyssey Fun Farm
18900 Oak Park Avenue
Tinley Park, IL 60477
- Open September 19 – October 31, 2020 from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. Closed September 22-23 and 29-30.
- Attractions include a corn maze, pumpkin patch, cow train, petting zoo, corn cannon, pig races, hay rides, kids zone, zip lines, bouncy horses, flashlight maze, pillow jumpy, hay maze, corn box, hay pyramid, and pumpkin house.
- Admission is $12/person. Children 1 and under are free.
- Additional cost for pony rides, zip line, zombie safari hay ride, pitch black flashlight corn maze, and shooting gallery.
Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch
40 W. Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010
- Open September 19– October 31, 2020. Hours 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, daily. Tickets available on their website.
- Paid attractions include animal land, pony rides, camel rides, wagon ride, jumping pillow, and pig races.
- Free to enter Harvest Market area with pumpkins, fresh veggies, bakery goods, and country store.
- No general admission fee during the week, General admission is now being charged on weekends $16.99. Click here to see pricing.
6678 West Aptakisic Road
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
- September 21 – October 31, 2020, open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. Halloween Day 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Safety Restrictions here for 2020.
- Pumpkin playland, kiddie carousel, ferris wheel, burlap bag slide, strawberry spin, scrambler, haunted forest, pony rides, animal land zoo, and camel rides.
- Pumpkins sold by the pound. No admission or parking fee; buy individual tickets for rides and attractions. Click here for pricing.
Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm
4853 US Highway 52
Minooka, IL 60447
- Open September 4 – October 31, 2020 and Columbus Day. House 10:00 am – 6:30 pm.
- Hay rides, corn and soy bean mazes, heaps o’ fun barn, farm animals, pumpkin patch, food, live entertainment, and more.
- Tickets and passes vary by day, time, and attractions; see website for pricing.
- Catch a hay ride out to the 25-acre pumpkin patch full of 90 different varieties of pumpkins, gourds and squash. Pick from traditional jack o’ lanterns, white pumpkins of all sizes, bumpy pumpkins, and green, red, and multi-colored pumpkins.
Dollinger Family Farm
7502 E. Hansel Rd.
Channahon, IL 60410
- Open September 14 – October 30, 2020. Daily from 10:00 – 6:30 pm. Free admission and parking, purchase tickets for individual attractions.
- Farm animals, petting zoo, farm playground, and four-acre corn maze every day. Weekend train rides, horse-drawn hayrides, face painting, and special food.
- Revolutionary War and Civil War Reenactments.
Tom and Zach’s Pumpkin Patch
15725 W. Bruce Rd.
Lockport, IL 60441
- No update yet for 2020, but it was open in 2019.
- Free admissions and parking to 1 1/2 acre patch.
- Wagons are provided to pick your pumpkin.
- Props throughout patch for picture opportunities.
The Cornstalk Farm
13901 Wolf Road
Orland Park, IL 60467
- September 27 – October 30, 2020. Open 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm daily. Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Pumpkins, cornstalks, crafts, jellies, and more.
- Haunted cornstalk maze for children, and a small haunted house.
- Free admission and parking.
14435 W. Manhattan Monee Road
Manhattan, IL 60442
- Small family owned farm with U-Pick pumpkins in the month of October. Open daily from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Bring a lunch, wear closed toe shoes and old clothes to walk through the fields where chickens roam.
- Check their Facebook page here for updates on ripe fruits, vegetables, and pumpkins.
Melka Landscaping and Garden Center
11606 179th Street
Mokena, IL 60448
- 2020 information not yet released.
- 2019 offered pumpkin patch, bounce house, and seasonal decorations.
- Free admission and parking.
18060 S. Bronk Road
Plainfield, IL 60586
- Oct 10th and 11th, 2020 craft fair and fest. Costume contest at 10am, 12pm, and 2pm
- Pick your own pumpkin patch, gourds, mums, apples and more.
- Weekend hayrack rides, caramel-dipped apples.
133332 Bell Rd.
Lemont, IL 60439
- Pumpkin fest is open September 12 – October 31, 2020. Open 7 days a week, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Family farm on 180 acres of land.
- Free admission for buying pumpkins, mums, and more.
Kuiper’s Family Farm
1n145 Watson Road
Maple Park, IL 60151
- Pumpkins are available starting September 19, 2020
- They also have an apple orchard, corn maze, gourd arbor, hay wagon ride, jumping pillow, petting zoo, pig races, tractor train, and woodland walk (the corn box is closed this year)
- Reservations required on weekends in October
County Line Orchard
200 S County Line Rd
Hobart, IN 46342
- General admission is $1 and you pay for what you pick: 40¢/lb. with a max of $12
- Also have u-pick apples, barnyard jams, corn maze, moo-choo ride, and kids farm
All Seasons Orchard
14510 Illinois Route 176
Woodstock, IL 60098
- Pumpkins are available starting towards the end of September
- Open Monday – Friday 10am-5pm, Sat, Sun, Labor Day & Columbus Day: 10am-6pm
- Corn maze, petting zoo, bunny village, giant swings, spider web climbing, mini zipline, tire mountain, pumpkin checkers, pumpkin bowling, pedal karts, jumping pillow, goat bridge, tube slide, sand box, corn hole, giant rocker, duck races, hay maze (corn box not open this year)
- Activities are $10 per person on weekdays and $15 per person on weekends and holidays. Combo pricing is available if you would like to go apple picking as well
19412 Shabbona Rd.
Malta, IL 60150
- Opening day for pumpkins is September 21, 2020
- 3 pumpkins for $20 or 1 for $10
- Monday through Thursday they have a jumping pillow and barn animals (admission is $3) and Friday, Saturday, Sunday there is a variety of activities including a corn maze, apple train, launchers, and cannon, petting zoo, pony rides, and hay ride (prices vary)
More to possibly add next year:
For more fall family fun, be sure to check out our Fall Activity Guide that has everything in one place! We also have a great guide to Fall Festivals and Oktoberfests. Happy Fall from all of us at Kidlist!