Halloween weekend marks the end of jack-o-lantern season, and most of these pumpkin patches near Chicago are gearing up for one last big weekend of fall fun. There are so many spots to visit, from little pumpkin patches where you head to the field and pick your own pumpkin to wash off afterwards to big farm destinations with corn mazes, jumping pillows, and more. We’ve updated our list with even more pumpkin patches in northern Illinois!
We even included pumpkin patches that also offer apple picking so you can make it a combo trip!
Rain can make the fields muddy, so be sure to wear boots or bring a change of shoes for the car. This article is sponsored by Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm.
Pumpkin Patches Near Me in Chicago
Map! The Answer to Your Search: Pumpkin Patch Near Me
Features, Opening Dates, Pricing and More
🎃 Pumpkin Patch
🎃 🍎 Pumpkin Farm with Apple Picking Available
Be sure to check ahead to see if you need to purchase tickets in advance, be aware of new hours, etc.
Johansen Farms Children’s Zoo 🎃
710 W Boughton Rd.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440-1755
- Opening September 15, 2021.
- Free pumpkin patch: no admission fee to just visit the pumpkin patch, store, pie house, or free photo room.
- Paid admission includes everything: petting zoo animals, pony rides, hayrides, slides, mini golf, and more. Admission varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Children 23 months and younger are free.
- TEXT the single word “fanclub” to (888) 853-0005 to become a Johansen Farms Fan Club member and get a coupon for $1.00 off general admission!
Windmill Acres 🎃
3361 E Brunswick Road
Beecher, IL 60401
- Fall activities run September 25 – October 30, 2021. Open Mondays through Saturdays from 9:00am – 5:00pm Sundays from 11:00am – 5:00pm.
- Regular wristbands are $8/kids 3+, $5.50 for adults. (Adults must buy a wristband). $25/person season passes available.
- Included activities include a hayride to the pumpkin field including a free pie pumpkin, petting zoo, pedal cars, playground, corn pit, games, obstacle course, and more.
- Gift shop and concessions (including cider and pumpkin spice donuts) available.
Dollinger Family Farm 🎃
7502 E. Hansel Rd.
Channahon, IL 60410
- Open September 13 – October 30, 2021. Daily from 10:00 – 6:30 pm.
- Free pumpkin patch: no fee for admission and parking, purchase tickets for individual attractions.
- Farm animals, petting zoo, farm playground, and four-acre corn maze every day. Weekend train rides, horse-drawn hayrides, face painting, and special food.
- Tickets may be purchased online for attractions here.
Jack’s Pumpkin Patch Pop-Up 🎃
1465 N Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60642
- Purchase a ticket in advance; prices vary by time and day.
- Organizers recommend families attend before 7:00 p.m., when the “festivities turn boozy.”
- Adult-oriented pop-up experience in Chicago’s Goose Island.
- Corn maze, carnival games, axe throwing, full bars, pumpkin patch, and more.
Yaeger’s Farm Market Fall Festival 🎃
14643 State Route 38
DeKalb, IL 60115
- Fall festival runs October 2–31, 2021. Open Sundays through Fridays 11:00am – 5:00pm and Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Weather permitting, free hayrides to the pumpkin patch run Saturdays 9:00am – 4:30pm and Sundays 11:00am – 4:30pm.
- Free-will donations accepted for one-acre playland with a 5-acre corn maze, wooden castle, train, and ship, as well as a donkey to visit.
Windy Acres Farm 🎃
37w446 Fabyan Parkway
Geneva, IL 60134
- Opening September 18–October 31, 2021. Open daily 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- Attractions include a corn box, corn maze, mini golf, petting zoo, three inflatables, zip line, jumping pillow, and tractor rides.
- Monday–Friday: $15; Saturday–Sunday $17; seniors $13/$15; children under 2 are free.
Pioneer Farm 🎃
17N400 Big Timber Road
Hampshire, IL 60140
- Open daily in September and October, 2021 from 8:00am to 6:30pm.
- Free pumpkin patch: no admission fee to enter the field.
- Pick your own pumpkins in the field or choose pre-picked pumpkins.
Royal Oak Farm Apple Orchard 🎃🍎
15908 Hebron Rd.
Harvard, IL 60033
- Open August 21 through October 31, 2021 on Mondays through Thursdays, 10:00am to 5:00pm; Fridays through Sundays 10:00am to 6:00pm.
- November 1 through November 24, 2021 on Mondays through Saturdays 10:00am to 4:00pm for playground, petting zoo (weather-dependent), gift shop, and bakery.
- Entertainment Tokens are $3/each.
- Playground, petting zoo, apple orchard, pumpkin patch (late September through October), and more.
- Weekend carousel and train rides.
Von Bergen Country Market’s Fall Pumpkin Fest 🎃
9805 IL Route 173
Hebron, IL 60034
- Open from September 25 to October 31, 2021 for Fall Fest
- Mondays through Fridays, 11:00am – 5:00pm; Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays: 10:00am – 5:00pm.
- Weekdays $5/person; weekends $10 for children 3 to 12, $12 for ages 13+; children 2 and under always free.
- Corn maze, barnyard animals, bunny village, pumpkin house, and more.
- Additional weekend activities include haywagon rides, a tractor barrel train, and one free u-pick pumpkin.
County Line Orchard 🎃 🍎
200 S County Line Rd
Hobart, IN 46342
- Open September 1 – October 31, 2021.
- Hours: 9:00am – 6:00pm, daily.
- General admission is $2 and you pay for what you pick: 40¢/lb.
- Also have u-pick apples, barnyard jams, corn maze, moo-choo ride, and kids farm. Attraction prices are al a carte or an all access pass costs $12.
Bengtson’s Pumpkin Fest 🎃
13341 W. 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Opening September 17, 2021.
- Tractor-pulled hayrack rides, petting zoo, pony rides, pig races, haunted barn, corn boxes, milking cows, rides, and more.
- Admission includes unlimited rides and varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Kids 2 and under are free.
- Pony Rides sold separately for $6.
Konow’s Corn Maze 🎃
16849 S. Cedar Rd.
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Opening September 18 – October 30, 2021. Closed on Tuesdays.
- Advance purchased tickets are not available.
- On weekends, there are also pony rides, live bands, and a magician.
- Large and small corn mazes, corn pit, animal barn, straw playground, jumpy pillow, cow train express, hayrides, duck races, grain train tractor rides, and more.
- Prices for 2021: Weekday admission is $12/person; weekend admission is $15/person. Kids 2 and under are always free.
Dave’s Pumpkins 🎃
9112 Algonquin Road
Huntley, IL 60142
- Open daily from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- Fresh cider donuts Thursdays through Sundays and on Columbus Day.
- Hay rides Thurdsays and Fridays from 3:00pm to 8:00pm and on Saturdays, Sundays, and Columbus Day from 10:00am to 8:00pm.
- Fresh cider donuts on weekends and Columbus Day.
- Free mini corn maze, pumpkin bowling, and antique pedal tractors to ride.
Tom’s Farm Market 🎃
10214 Algonquin Road
Huntley, IL 60142
- Fall on the Farm runs October 1–31, 2021; see website for hours.
- Advance online tickets are $8/weekdays, $11/weekends and Columbus Day ($8/65+ and ages 2 and under are free). Tickets cost $2 if you buy them at the door.
- Activities include straw maze, 6-acre corn maze, petting zoo, pedal tractor track, climbing tire mound, jumping pillow, and more.
- Free admission to market/bakery and u-pick fields
Benoit Greenhouses 🎃
568 N. 2750 E. Road (on Splear Road)
Kankakee, IL 60901
- Open 9:00am – 5:00pm Wednesdays through Sundays until October 30, 2021.
- Garden center with mums, games for kids, a corn maze, and farm animals.
- Pumpkins for sale.
- Admission is free.
The Enchanted Valley Farm 🎃
31853 Glidden Road
Kingston, IL 60145
- Self-serve on weekdays starting September 23, 2021; full-service and gift shop open on weekends starting September 25, 2021; daily 9:00am to 6:00pm.
- Small pumpkin patch with pre-picked pumpkins and fall merchandise available, as well as a few playhouses.
Puckerville Farms 🎃
133332 Bell Rd.
Lemont, IL 60439
- Pumpkin Fest is open September 13 – October 31, 2021
- Open 7 days a week, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Family farm on 180 acres of land.
- Free admission for buying pumpkins, mums, and more.
Didier Farms 🎃
6678 West Aptakisic Road
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
- September 18 – October 31, 2021, open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. Halloween Day 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Pumpkin playland, kiddie carousel, Ferris wheel, burlap bag slide, strawberry spin, scrambler, haunted forest, pony rides, animal land zoo, and camel rides.
- Pumpkins sold by the pound. No admission or parking fee; buy individual tickets for rides and attractions. Click here for pricing.
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm
17250 S Weber Road
Lockport, IL 60441
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm is for all ages! There are plenty of activities for little ones, such as the kiddie train, tractor rides, several different themed playgrounds, animatronic pumpkin show, petting barn, baby chicks, and more. Elementary school-aged kids will love the jumping pillow, climbing web, roller bowler, straw mountain, mega slide, duck races, tire mountain, and train ride. There is plenty for older kids, including paintball target shooting, jumping pillow dedicated for 12+, wizzer carnival ride, zip line, sports zone, enormous corn maze, and more.
General Admission includes over 35 unlimited attractions for all ages Friday–Sunday $24.95 (onsite) or $31.95 (advanced ticket purchased online). Children 2 and under are free and other discounts are available. Open September 25 – October 31, 2021, daily 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Tom and Zach’s Pumpkin Patch 🎃
15725 W. Bruce Rd.
Lockport, IL 60441
- No update yet for 2021, but it was open in 2020.
- Free pumpkin patch: no charge for admission or parking to 1 1/2 acre patch.
- Wagons are provided to pick your pumpkin.
- Props throughout patch for picture opportunities.
Jonamac Orchard 🎃 🍎
19412 Shabbona Rd.
Malta, IL 60150
- Opening day for pumpkins is September 21, 2021.
- 3 pumpkins for $20 or 1 for $10.
- Monday through Thursday they have a jumping pillow and barn animals (admission is $6) and Friday, Saturday, Sunday there is a variety of activities including a corn maze, apple train, launchers, and cannon, petting zoo, pony rides, and hay ride (prices vary).
- Attraction tickets are available online here.
Crosswind Farms 🎃
14435 W. Manhattan Monee Road
Manhattan, IL 60442
- Small family owned farm with U-Pick pumpkins in the month of October. Open daily from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Bring a lunch, wear closed toe shoes and old clothes to walk through the fields where chickens roam.
- Check their Facebook page here for updates on ripe fruits, vegetables, and pumpkins.
Kuiper’s Family Farm 🎃 🍎
1n145 Watson Road
Maple Park, IL 60151
- Pumpkins are available starting September 18 – October 31, 2021.
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm; Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- They also have an apple orchard, corn maze, gourd arbor, corn box, hay wagon ride, jumping pillow, petting zoo, pig races, tractor train, and woodland walk.
- Reservations not required, but advanced reservations are discounted. Buy tickets here.
Wiltse’s Farm 🎃
Maple Park, IL 60151
- The 2021 season has ended, but check back next year.
Cody’s Farm & Orchard 🎃 🍎
19502 River Road
Marengo, IL 60152
- Open for pumpkins weekends in October, 2021.
- Free pumpkin patch: no charge for admission, parking, and hayrides to the pumpkin patch.
- Pumpkins are $8 for any size.
- Free play area with corn box, sand box, play tractor, concessions, and photo cut-outs.
- $6/wristband for all-day admission to corn maze, rubber duck races, barrel rides, pedal tractors, and more.
Stade’s Farm & Market 🎃 🍎
3709 Miller Road
McHenry, IL 60051
- Shades of Autumn Fall Festival on weekends through October 31, 2021.
- Admission: Free for children 2 and under; $18 for ages 3 to 64; $10 for 65+; season passes available. (Covers everything but Farm Express Train and apple cannons).
- Barn and play house, bunny village, Ferris wheel, corn maze, inflatables, jumping pillow, pedal cars, petting zoo, pick-your-own pumpkins, and more.
Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm 🎃
4853 US Highway 52
Minooka, IL 60447
- Open September 12 – October 31, 2021. Hours 10:00am – 6:30pm (closing at 2:30pm on October 31).
- Corn and soy bean mazes, heaps o’ fun barn, farm animals, pumpkin patch, food, live entertainment, and more.
- Tickets and passes vary by day, time, and attractions; see website for pricing.
- Catch a hay ride out to the 25-acre pumpkin patch full of 90 different varieties of pumpkins, gourds and squash. Pick from traditional jack o’ lanterns, white pumpkins of all sizes, bumpy pumpkins, and green, red, and multi-colored pumpkins.
Melka Landscaping and Garden Center 🎃
11606 179th Street
Mokena, IL 60448
- 2021 information not yet released; check website for details.
- 2020 offered pumpkin patch, bounce house, and seasonal decorations.
- Free pumpkin patch: no charge for admission and parking.
Keller’s Farmstand 🎃 🍎
2500 Johnson Rd
Oswego, IL 60543
- U-Pick pumpkins begins at the end of September and apple picking begins in late August, 2021
- Open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Pumpkins: $2.50 each for pie pumpkins, $7.50 each for all other pumpkins, including specialty pumpkins
- Apples: Admission is $8/person for ¼ peck bag (about 3 lbs), $16/person for ½ peck bag (about 5–6 lbs), $32/person for 1 peck bag (about 10–12 lbs), children 4 and under are free, but do not receive a bag
The CornStalk Farm 🎃
13901 Wolf Road
Orland Park, IL 60467
- September 25–October 25, 2021. Open weekends only between 10:00pm – 6:00pm .
- Pumpkins, cornstalks, crafts, jellies, and more.
- Pumpkin patch of all shapes and sizes with a craft barn of home decor for purchase.
- Free pumpkin patch: no charge for admission and parking.
The Children’s Farm at The Center 🎃
12700 Southwest Highway
Palos Park IL, 60464
- Thursdays through Sundays (and Columbus Day), 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- $10/person (ages 2 and up) for attractions; you-pick pumpkin patch and farm stand is free.
- Barn tours, petting zoo, spooky wood shed, hay climber, hay rack rides, concessions, walking trails, and more.
Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard 🎃 🍎
42W813 Reinking Road
Pingree Grove, IL 60140
- Apples and pumpkins available from August 27 – October 31, 2021
- Open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Admission prices include haunted house, kiddie play land, straw maze, singing chickens, pumpkin-eating dinosaur, pumpkin express train, corn box, jumping pillow, pedal carts, carousel, pumpkin slide, tire mountain, pumpkin cannon, western town, straw mound, pig races, and animals with a pig family, giraffe barn, and feathered friends. Magic show on weekends in October.
- General Admission $17 weekdays, and $20 on weekends and holidays, additional fee for camel rides and shooting gallery
Bronkberry Farms 🎃
18060 S. Bronk Road
Plainfield, IL 60586
- October 9–10, 2021 craft fair and fest.
- Pick your own pumpkin patch, gourds, mums, apples and more.
- Weekend hayrack rides, caramel-dipped apples.
Woody’s Orchard 🎃
3223 Creek Rd.
Plano, IL 60545
- Pumpkins ripen end of September. Season ends October 31, 2021.
- Open Thursday–Sunday from 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- Attractions include playhouse village, spider web, corn jump, jump pad, hay maze, big tractor slides, duck racers, hamster rollers, and climbing tire pile.
- Admission $10/person over 2 daily or a season pass for $19/person.
Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch 🎃
40 W. Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010
- Open September 11– October 31, 2021. Hours 9:00am – 6:00pm daily. Tickets available on their website.
- Paid attractions include animal land, pony rides, camel rides, wagon ride, jumping pillow, and pig races.
- Free to enter Harvest Market area with pumpkins, fresh veggies, bakery goods, and country store.
- Free pumpkin patch during the week. General admission is now being charged on weekends $20. Click here to see pricing.
Richardson Adventure Farm 🎃
909 English Prairie Rd
Spring Grove, IL 60081
- Open September 11 – November 7, 2021.
- Hours: Thursdays 3:00pm – 9:00pm, Friday – Saturdays 10:00am – 11:00pm, Sundays 12:00pm – 9:00pm.
- World’s largest corn maze, 700′ Zip Line, 50′ observation tower, ORBiting! (giant ball rides), live pig races, jumping pillows, giant slides, pedal carts, and wagon rides.
- Admission prices vary between $15–$22, based on age and day of the week.
- Pumpkin patch includes a variety of shapes and sizes. All pumpkins and squash are priced by weight. $0.45/ lb
Sugar Grove Pumpkin Farm 🎃
4S041 Merrill Road
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
- Open Wednesdays through Sundays through October 30, 2021; see website for hours.
- Activites for ages 10 and under include straw mound and tunnel, carpet ball, yard Jenga, toddler vehicles, play houses, and more.
- 3/4 acre corn maze.
- Free pumpkin patch: Admission, activities, and maze are all free.
- Cash and credit cards accepted; convenience fee applies for credit cards.
- Fall decor and already-picked pumpkins for sale.
Johnson’s Pumpkin Stand & Corn Maze 🎃
1502 West Motel Road
Sycamore, IL 60178
- Pick-your-own pumpkins begins September 19, 2021 and is open from 10:00am to 6:00pm daily. Corn maze opens October 1 and is open on weekends; see hours.
- 50+ varieties of pumpkins with pumpkin bath stations at check-out.
- Cash or check only; pumpkins start at $2.
Odyssey Fun Farm 🎃
18900 Oak Park Avenue
Tinley Park, IL 60477
- Opening September 25, 2021. Closed September 27–29 and October 4–6.
- Attractions include a corn maze, pumpkin patch, cow train (must wear a mask), petting zoo, corn cannon, pig races, hay rides (must wear a mask), kids zone, zip lines, bouncy horses, flashlight maze, pillow jumpy, hay maze, corn box, hay pyramid, and pumpkin house.
- Admission is $22/person on weekdays and $24/person on weekends. Children 1 and under are free.
- Additional cost for pony rides, zip line, zombie safari hay ride, pitch black flashlight corn maze, and shooting gallery.
Patch 22 🎃
15900 Kelly Road
Wadsworth IL, 60083
- Open Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00am – 5:00pm.
- $10/car parking fee covers admission to farm for everyone in the car.
- $3/person hayrides; $10 pony rides for 20-minute rides with parent walking child around large, open pasture (or $15 “share ride” with two kids taking turns).
- Petting farm with quarter-operated feed dispensers available.
- Children’s spooky hayloft is $2/child (no cost for parents).
Honey Hill Orchard 🎃 🍎
11747 Waterman Road
Waterman, IL 60556
- Open daily from 9:00am – 5:30pm through October 31, 2021. Pumpkins are available starting in late September, but call first to confirm.
- Everyone must have a bag to enter the orchard. 2 and under are free.
- Pumpkins, apples, apple donuts, honey, pies, petting zoo, and wagon rides.
Kroll’s Fall Harvest Farm 🎃
13236 W. Townline Road
Waukegan, IL 60087
- Open Tuesdays through Sundays, September 18 through October 31, 2021.
- $10/person admission on weekends (and Monday and Friday around Columbus Day) includes hayrides, corn maze, and petting zoos. Must purchase weekend tickets in advance on the website. (Tickets required for ages 3+.)
- Weekdays: $7 adult/$5 child maze admission; $4/person hayride admission (children 2 and under free).
- Pumpkins for sale.
Sonny Acres Farm 🎃
29W310 North Ave
West Chicago, IL 60185
- Opening September 18, 2021
- Hayrides, petting zoo, jumping pillow, inflatables, haunted house and haunted wagon ride, amusement rides, food, costume shop, pony rides, and more.
- See website for hours and pricing.
Cosley Zoo Pumpkin Fest 🎃
1356 N Gary Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
- October 1–31, 2021; Monday–Sunday 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- Apples, gourds, pumpkins, cider, cornstalks, and various sizes of straw bales are available to purchase.
All Seasons Orchard 🎃 🍎
14510 Illinois Route 176
Woodstock, IL 60098
- Pumpkins are available starting towards the end of September 2021. Closes October 31, 2021.
- Open Monday – Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm; Saturday, Sunday, Labor Day, and Columbus Day 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- Corn maze, petting zoo, bunny village, giant swings, spider web climbing, mini zipline, tire mountain, pumpkin checkers, pumpkin bowling, pedal karts, jumping pillow, goat bridge, tube slide, sand box, corn hole, giant rocker, duck races, hay maze.
- Activities are $12 per person on weekdays and $17 per person on weekends and holidays. Combo pricing is available if you would like to go apple picking as well.
For more fall family fun, be sure to check out our Fall Activity Guide that has everything in one place! We also have a great guide to Fall Festivals and Oktoberfests. Happy Fall from all of us at Kidlist!