What are the stores open on Christmas Day 2017? Whether you’re looking for a place that hosts a special brunch, or you don’t celebrate and are looking for things to do, check out our list of what’s open—and not—in Chicago’s Western suburbs.
Stores Open on Christmas Day
Grocery, Convenience, and Retail Store Christmas Hours
- Jewel-Osco, ALDI, Mariano’s, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods Market are all closed on Christmas Day.
- CVS: I called the CVS at 1005 E Roosevelt Rd. in Lombard. That store will be open, but the employee I spoke with said hours will vary from location to location. Call ahead before you go.
- Walgreens: All stores will be open on Christmas Day.
- All Target, Walmart, and Costco stores will be closed on Christmas Day.
- Almost all movie theaters will be open on Christmas Day.
Local Restaurants Open on Christmas Day
Open Table is a great way to find restaurants with Christmas reservations available; however, some restaurants I called were not actually open on Christmas, so it may be worth a phone call to double-check. Some restaurants are already booked and starting wait lists, and some require reservations, so call as soon as possible:
- Benihana in Lombard
- Buca di Beppo in Lombard
- Fogo de Chao in Naperville
- Francesca’s Amici in Elmhurst
- Glen Prairie in Glen Ellyn
- Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse in Lombard
- Holy Mackerel (Harry Caray’s) in Lombard
- Jameson’s Charhouse in Bloomingdale
- Jimmy’s Charhouse in Naperville
- KiKu Japanese Steakhouse in Naperville
- La Sorella di Francesca in Naperville
- Lucille at Drury Lane in Oak Brook (Special Christmas brunch buffet; details here)
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood in Oak Brook
- Morton’s the Steakhouse in Naperville (Check out their holiday details here)
- Plank Bar & Kitchen in Naperville
- RA Sushi Bar Restaurant in Lombard
- SugarToad in Naperville
- The Clubhouse in Oak Brook and Schaumburg (Check out the Christmas Day Buffet menu)
- Wild Ginger Asian Cuisine in Hinsdale
- William Tell Restaurant in Countryside
- Wok n Fire in Wheaton
- Yu’s Bistro in Naperville
Looking for more winter holiday fun? Click here for our huge guide to everything family-friendly for the holidays.