- This event has passed.
History of Play
August 27, 2022, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm$5
This special event has been created through a collaboration between the Oak Park River Forest Museum & Wonder Works Children’s Museum, featuring games and play items from both museums’ collections.
An Intergenerational Event with stations featuring games & activities for all ages!
- Outdoor Play including the Victorian-era games of Hoop Trundling and Graces, plus Bubble Play, Hula Hoops & Chalk Drawing.
- Inside the Museum, guests can choose from stations with Card Games, Classic Board Games, Cornhole & Paper Airplane building.
- Construct with vintage building toys like Lincoln Logs, Froebel Blocks, Tinker Toys & Wooden Blocks.
- Spark creativity playing with time-honored imaginative play materials like Doll Houses, a Puppet Theater & Costumes.
- View a display of Antique Toys, vote for your Favorite Toys & Games, enter the Raffle & more!
We do our best to provide comprehensive, accurate and useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from press releases, websites, signs around town and word of mouth. However, details change and people make mistakes, so please confirm the details before you go. Kidlist is not responsible for any problems that occur while participating in activities listed on this site.
Submit an Event
Click on the button above to submit an event to the Kidlist calendar. We welcome everyone to submit events, given that they are family-friendly, free and/or drop-in, and are local for families in the west and northwest suburbs of Chicago. All submitted events are reviewed by the Kidlist team.