A truly unique concept with unlimited carousel rides – plus a large play structure/ area too! An inexpensive, fun place that we will return to over and over again! I can’t say enough good about Jumps n Jiggles!
Is there ample parking? Can you park close?
- yes- huge lot with people coming and going frequently
How much does it cost?
- $4 (under 1 is free, adults are free)
When are they open?
- Mon – Fri 10:00am – 2:00pm
- occasionally they are open Wed. evenings- check their website for details
When is the best time or day to go? When is it the least crowded?
- since hours are so limited- your best bet is just to make sure local schools are in session and it will be less crowded. School breaks and holidays are more crowded and older siblings are often there.
Was it crowded when you went? or About how many kids were there when you went?
- It was crowded on Halloween (they had extra crafts, activities, treats, etc that drew a crowd) but we never had to wait for the carousel- never a line any time I have been there. Normally, during the week (not summer)- it is not crowded.
Are there public bathrooms? Is there a changing table? Are the bathrooms kid-friendly?
Is there a private space to nurse?
- yes- public bathrooms and changing table. Nowhere to nurse in the bathroom, but the facility is a huge complex at the park district so perhaps you could find somewhere to go if you asked a staff member.
What was your child’s favorite part of the play area? Least favorite?
- favorite- unlimited carousel rides!
- least – the large play structure scared her a bit and she didn’t go in it (she was 19 mo at the time) but there was still plenty to do.
What was your favorite part? Least favorite?
- favorite- you can bring your own lunch!
- least- the carousel music is a bit loud
Is it clean?
- yes, very
Was the staff friendly? Attentive? Pleasant?
- yes- especially the ladies who run the carousel
Is food allowed? Are there designated snack areas? Is food sold there?
- yes you may bring your own food and the tables surround the carousel- so it’s a neat environment to eat in. They have a few vending machines with snacks/drinks.
What ages do you feel the play area caters to?
- 1-7 (website says up to 10…but it’s mostly younger kids and 8-10 seems a bit old for the play structure they have there)
Is there an infant/baby area? Toddler friendly?
- it isn’t separated from the older kid area…but there are a few small slides and foam blocks for the small ones, plus the carousel has benches for riding with grown ups
Anything else you want to highlight
- check the website for special crafts/activities!
Jumps n’ Jiggles
1000 Wellington Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Review by: Melissa G, and daughter Gabby (2 years old)
Thanks Melissa! If anyone has something to add feel free to comment below.
Want to check out other indoor places to play? Click here: Kidlist • Indoor Play Areas