When is an orange not an orange? … When it’s a pumpkin! I absolutely love fall. I’m looking forward to pumpkin spice lattes, jumping in leaf piles, wagon rides, and heading out to find the perfect pumpkin. If you didn’t get a chance to go apple picking this fall, there are places near Chicago where you can do both! Happy Fall, Ya’ll!
Click here if you would like to view our complete guide to pumpkin patches.
Apple Orchards with Pumpkin Patches
The following farms offer both apple picking and pumpkin picking, along with other fall activities, at one location. Make a day of it!
Kuipers Family Farm
1n318 Watson Road
Maple Park, IL 60151
- Hours that you can pick apples and pumpkins on the same day: Saturdays 9am – 6pm and Sundays 10am – 6pm, and Columbus Day, Pumpkin farm is open September 21 through October, while they last (so call ahead).
- Admission to orchard is $10.99 per person and includes ¼ peck bag of apples and hayride to the grove (conditions permitting). Children 2 and under are free, but don’t receive a bag.
- Strollers, wagons, and backpacks are not permitted in the orchard.
- Hayrides to the apple grove. They also have a shop and bakery with apple cider doughnuts, caramel apples, and fresh-pressed pasteurized apple cider.
- Admission is $15.99 Monday – Friday, and $17.99 on weekends and Columbus Day. Children 2 Yrs & Under are free, seniors and military with ID are $7.99. (pumpkin patch is open during the week and on weekends, but apple orchard is only open on weekends)
- One pumpkin is included in your admission, but additional pumpkins are available for buying and picking
- Corn maze, pig races, jumping pillow, tractor train ride, tractor tire mountain, box-o-kernels, pedal tractor derby, haunted forest (suitable for young children), haywagon ride, farm animals, petting zoo, playground, duck races
County Line Orchard
200 S County Line Rd
Hobart, IN 46342
- U-pick hours: 9 am – 5 pm daily
- General admission for the u-pick area is $1 per person, but admission ranges up to $10 to include all of the attractions. Apples are $1.79/lb, pumpkins are 40¢/lb. or max $12
- Kids area with a train ride, play area, and animals, corn maze are additional fees, observation bee hives, tractor rides to the u-pick apple trees, and gift shop.
- Apple and pumpkin u-pick in the field or in the store
- Besides pumpkins, they also sell gourds, squash, indian corn, corn stalks, hay bales, mums, sunflowers, and zinnias
Honey Hill Orchard
11747 Waterman Road
Waterman, IL 60556
- Open daily from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm now through October 31, 2018. U-pick pumpkins are only available around late September, so call first.
- Farm petting zoo, straw maze, country store, feeding trough kitchen, and orchard bakery.
- Apples are $15 for a 1/2 peck and $30 for a peck, pumpkin prices vary
- Click here to see what varieties are available
All Seasons Orchard
14510 Illinois Route 176
Woodstock, IL 60098
- Open through November 2, 2019, Monday through Friday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, weekends and Columbus Day 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- There are different admission fee price points depending on how many activities you would like to participate in. Children 2 and under are free. Apple picking only: $9.50/person includes a 1/4 peck bag, (Honeycrisp picking is an additional $3/person)
- Barnyard tickets are available for $10 on weekdays and $15 on weekends. Wagon rides to the apple orchard and many 30+ activities including a corn maze, petting zoo, pedal karts, jumping pillow, and more.
- Click here for apple variety availability
- A wagon ride will take you out to the pumpkin patch to pick from a wide selection of pumpkins and gourds. Pumpkins are $0.49/lb for regular and $0.89/lb for specialty.
19412 Shabbona Rd.
Malta, IL 60150
- Hours: 9am – 5:30 pm daily from August – October 31, 2019.
- Admission fees vary for activity areas, including jumping pillow, petting zoo, barn yard play area, corn maze, hayrides, store, and bakery.
- Pick your own pumpkins (3 for $20 or 1 for $10) in addition to apples ($15 for 1/2 peck bag, which is about 5 lbs)
Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard
42W813 Reinking Road
Pingree Grove, IL 60140
- Fall fest dates- August 30 – October 31, 2019. Open daily 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Admission prices include haunted house, kiddie play land, straw maze, pumpkin slide, corn box, jumping pillow, straw mound, pig races, and more.
- General Admission $12.99 weekdays, and $16.99 on weekends
Looking for more apple orchards without pumpkin patches? Visit out helpful guide to apple picking with locations, prices, features, and a searchable map.