Looking for a pumpkin patch this fall? You will find all of the local pumpkin farms with hours, prices, and features. Didn’t get a chance to go apple picking and want to combine trips? We’ve found apple orchards with pumpkin patches and fall activities! Get ready to plan a fun day with the fam! If you have any experiences to share, please comment below.
The following locations offer pumpkins and other fall activities. Hours, admission prices and features of each are listed below.
Cosley Zoo Pumpkin Fest
1356 N Gary Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
- October 1 – 31, 2018, Monday – Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Fall colors, animals, straw pyramid, train ride, mini ferris wheel, and spin the apple ride. Apples, gourds, pumpkins, cider, cornstalks, and straw bales are available for purchase.
Siegel’s Cottonwood Farm
17250 S Weber Road
Lockport, IL 60441
- Open September 22 – October 31, 2018, Monday – Sunday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Hayrides, haunted barn, pet and feed farm animals, two corn mazes, zippiness, and slide.
- General Admission includes over 30 unlimited attractions for all ages and is $11.95 Monday through Friday, $14.95 on Saturday, Sunday and Columbus Day. Children 2 and under are free and grandparents are free Monday-Friday (excluding Columbus Day) with a paid grandchild. Take their online survey to get a 25% off coupon.
Bengtson’s Pumpkin Fest
13341 W. 151st Street
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Opening September 14th, 2018.
- Tractor-pulled hayrack rides, petting zoo, pony rides, pig races, haunted barn, corn boxes, milking cows, rides, and more.
- Admission includes unlimited rides and varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Kids 2 and under are free.
The Children’s Farm
12700 Southwest Highway
Palos Park, IL 60464
- Open Saturdays and Sundays in October from 10 am – 4 pm.
- Pumpkin Playland ($10 admission for ages 2 and up)
- During October visits, the whole farm is open for family tours and special fall attractions, and there are free hayrides to the pumpkin patch.
Johansen Farms Children’s Zoo
710 W Boughton Rd.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440-1755
- Opening September 14th, 2018.
- Free admission to just visit the pumpkin patch, store, pie house, or free photo room.
- Paid admission includes everything: petting zoo animals, pony rides, hayrides, slides, mini golf, and more. Admission varies based on the day; click here to see a calendar with hours and prices. Children 23 months and younger are free.
Konow’s Corn Maze
16849 S. Cedar Rd.
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Large and small corn mazes, corn pit, animal barn, straw playground, jumpy pillow, cow train express, hayrides, duck races, grain train tractor rides, and more.
- Opening September 16, 2018. On weekends, there are also pony rides, Oktoberfest live bands, and Smokin’ Jim’s BBQ.
- Weekday admission is $10/person; weekend admission is $12/person. 2 and under are always free. $1 off daily admission with donation of dog/cat food item for local animal shelters.
Windy Acres Farm
37w446 Fabyan Parkway
Geneva, IL 60134
- Small farm with a corn box, corn maze, mini golf, petting zoo, three inflatables, zip line, jumping pillow
Sonny Acres Farm
29W310 North Ave
West Chicago, IL 60185
- Hayrides, petting zoo, haunted house and haunted wagon ride, amusement rides, food truck, costume shop, pony and camel rides, and more.
- Tickets are cash only and cost $1 each; each attraction costs between 2 and 5 tickets. Check the website to see ticket prices for each attraction.
- Wednesday deal: Every Wednesday in October beginning at 2pm, $10 wristbands are available for unlimited rides until 6pm.
Odyssey Fun Farm
18900 Oak Park Avenue
Tinley Park, IL 60477
- Attractions include a corn maze, pumpkin patch, cow train, petting zoo, corn cannon, pig races, hay rides, kids zone, zip lines, bouncy horses, flashlight maze, pillow jumpy, hay maze, corn box, hay pyramid, and pumpkin house.
- Admission is $12/person. Children 2 and under are free.
- Additional cost for pony rides, zip line, zombie safari hay ride, pitch black flashlight corn maze, and shooting gallery.
Goebbart’s Pumpkin Patch
40 W. Higgins Road
South Barrington, IL 60010
- Paid attractions include animal land, pony rides, camel rides, wagon ride, jumping pillow, and pig races.
- Open September 15 – October 31, 2018. Free to enter Harvest Market area with pumpkins, fresh veggies, bakery goods, and country store.
- No general admission fee; each attraction has a separate fee. Click here to see pricing.
16678 West Aptakisic Road
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
- Pumpkin playland, kiddie carousel, ferris wheel, burlap bag slide, strawberry spin, scrambler, haunted forest, pony rides, animal land zoo, and camel rides.
- September 22 – October 31, 2018 (plus Columbus Day), open 9am – 6pm.
- Pumpkins sold by the pound. No admission or parking fee; buy individual tickets for rides and attractions. Click here for pricing.
Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm
4853 US Highway 52
Minooka, IL 60447
- Hay rides, corn and soy bean mazes, heaps o’ fun barn, farm animals, pumpkin patch, food, live entertainment, and more.
- Tickets and passes vary by day, time, and attractions; see website for pricing.
- Catch a hay ride out to the 25-acre pumpkin patch full of 90 different varieties of pumpkins, gourds and squash. Pick from traditional jack o’ lanterns, white pumpkins of all sizes, bumpy pumpkins, and green, red, and multi-colored pumpkins.
Dollinger Family Farm
7502 E. Hansel Rd.
Channahon, IL 60410
- Farm animals, petting zoo, farm playground, and four-acre corn maze every day. Weekend train rides, horse-drawn hayrides, face painting, and special food.
- Open September 17 – October 31, 2018. Free admission and parking, purchase tickets for individual attractions.
- Revolutionary War and Civil War Reenactments.
Tom and Zach’s Pumpkin Patch
15725 W. Bruce Rd.
Lockport, IL 60441
- Free admissions and parking to 1 1/2 acre patch.
- Wagons are provided to pick your pumpkin.
- Props throughout patch for picture opportunities.
Delair’s Cornstalk Farm
13901 Wolf Road
Orland Park, IL 60467
- Pumpkins, cornstalks, crafts, jellies, and more.
- Haunted cornstalk maze for children, and a small haunted house.
- Free admission and parking.
14435 W. Manhattan Monee Road
Manhattan, IL 60442
- Small family owned farm with U-Pick pumpkins in the month of October. Open daily from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Bring a lunch, wear closed toe shoes and old clothes to walk through the fields where chickens roam.
- Check their Facebook page here for updates on ripe fruits, vegetables, and pumpkins.
Fawn’s Fall Fest & Pumpkin Farm – CLOSED THIS YEAR
24405 S. LaGrange Road
Frankfort, IL 60423
- Pumpkin patch, corn maze, hayride, petting zoo, pillow jumper, barrel rides, shooting gallery, corn crib, strawland, face painting, pumpkin chuckin’, and concessions.
- Fridays open 11:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturdays and Sundays open 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Admissions is $12/person for ages 3 and up; 2 and under and those with a military I.D. are free.
Melka Landscaping and Garden Center
11606 179th Street
Mokena, IL 60448
- Pumpkin patch, bounce house, and seasonal decorations.
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Sunday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Free admission and parking.
18060 S. Bronk Road
Plainfield, IL 60586
- Pick your own pumpkin patch, gourds, mums, and more.
- Weekend hayrack rides, caramel-dipped apples.
- Now through Halloween, open Tuesday – Sunday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
133332 Bell Rd.
Lemont, IL 60439
- Family farm on 180 acres of land.
- Free admission for buying pumpkins, mums, and more.
- Open 7 days a week, 10:00 am – 7:00 pm.
Apple Orchards with Pumpkin Patches
The following farms offer both apple picking and pumpkin picking, along with other fall activities, at one location. Make a day of it!
Kuipers Family Farm
1n318 Watson Road
Maple Park, IL 60151
- Hours that you can pick apples and pumpkins on the same day: Saturdays 9am – 6pm and Sundays 10am – 6pm, and Columbus Day, now through October while they last (so call ahead).
- Admission to orchard is $10.99 per person and includes ¼ peck bag of apples and hayride to the grove (conditions permitting). Children 2 and under are free, but don’t receive a bag.
- Strollers, wagons, and backpacks are not permitted in the orchard.
- Hayrides to the apple grove. They also have a shop and bakery with apple cider doughnuts, caramel apples, and fresh-pressed pasteurized apple cider.
- Admission is $11.99 Monday – Wednesday, $13.99 Thursday – Friday, and $15.99 on weekends and Columbus Day. Children 2 Yrs & Under are free, seniors and military with ID are $7.99. (pumpkin patch is open during the week and on weekends, but apple orchard is only open on weekends)
- Pumpkins available for buying and picking
- Corn maze, pig races, jumping pillow, tractor train ride, tractor tire mountain, box-o-kernels, pedal tractor derby, haunted forest (suitable for young children), haywagon ride, farm animals, petting zoo, playground, duck races
County Line Orchard
200 S County Line Rd
Hobart, IN 46342
- U-pick hours: 9 am – 5 pm daily
- General admission for the u-pick area is $1 per person, but admission ranges up to $10 to include all of the attractions. Apples are $1.79/lb, pumpkins are 40¢/lb. or max $12
- Kids area with a train ride, play area, and animals, corn maze, observation bee hives, tractor rides to the u-pick apple trees, and gift shop.
- Peter the Pumpkin Eating Dino shows are Saturday and Sunday, every hour through October 30th.
- Apple and pumpkin u-pick in the field or in the store
- Besides pumpkins, they also sell gourds, squash, indian corn, corn stalks, hay bales, mums, sunflowers, and zinnias
Honey Hill Orchard
11747 Waterman Road
Waterman, IL 60556
- Open daily from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm now through October 31, 2018
- Farm petting zoo, straw maze, country store, feeding trough kitchen, and orchard bakery.
- Apples are $15 for a 1/2 peck and $30 for a peck, pumpkin prices vary
- Click here to see what varieties are available
All Seasons Orchard
14510 Illinois Route 176
Woodstock, IL 60098
- Open through November 4, 2018, Monday through Friday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, weekends and Columbus Day 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- There are different admission fee price points depending on how many activities you would like to participate in. Children 2 and under are free. Apple picking only: $8/child includes a 1/4 peck bag, $13/adult includes a 1/2 peck bag (Honeycrisp picking is an additional $3/person)
Wagon ride to the apple orchard and many 30+ activities including a corn maze, petting zoo, pedal karts, jumping pillow, and more. Please check the website for all the additional activities listed for weekdays and weekends.
- Click here for apple variety availability
- A wagon ride will take you out to the pumpkin patch to pick from a wide selection of pumpkins and gourds. Pumpkins are $0.49/lb for regular and $0.89/lb for specialty.
19412 Shabbona Rd.
Malta, IL 60150
- Hours: 9am – 5:30pm daily
- Admission fees vary for activity areas, including jumping pillow, petting zoo, barn yard play area, corn maze, hayrides, store, and bakery.
- Pick your own pumpkins (3 for $20 or 1 for $10) in addition to apples ($15 for 1/2 peck bag, which is about 5 lbs)