5, 4, 3, 2, 1 . . . Happy New Year! We love to include our children in reminiscing about the past year’s blessings and ringing in the new year together. Thankfully, celebrating New Year’s Eve doesn’t have to be at midnight. You can celebrate with a “noon year’s eve,” have an early countdown at bedtime, or celebrate in a different time zone. There are a plethora of ways to celebrate with virtual parties, take home kits, holiday lights, and outdoor adventures. Many of these events require advance registration, so please check ahead to make sure you’re ready to party!
This article is sponsored by DuPage Children’s Museum.
New Year’s Eve might look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be a total blast! DuPage Children’s Museum brings the fun into homes with Bubble Bash in a Box. Enjoy a box filled to the brim with fun and festive activities and other celebratory surprises. Receive exclusive access to digital content with helpful “how-to” videos for arts & maker activities and interactive videos to get families moving like Family Yoga, musical performances, and a lively countdown with Museum friends.
Bubble Bash in a Box allows families the opportunity to create and celebrate at their own pace. Some families may choose to do everything at once while others may choose to extend the experience over several days. Creative exploration can happen whenever it’s most convenient for each family. The experience is a fun and flexible way to celebrate the holiday. Take advantage of Early Bird Savings through December 14 – Click here to purchase your box today!
New Year’s Eve Events to Ring in 2021 with Kids
Virtual Events and Take-Home Kits
Bubble Bash: A Kid-Friendly New Year’s Eve (Naperville)
Take Home Kit and Virtual Party Materials to make your New Year’s celebration a memorable one. Curbside pickup or delivery available. More information above!
New Year’s Eve in a Box (Batavia)
Register by December 14th.
Teenie Weenie New Year’s Eve Box (Carol Stream)
Orders must be placed by December 10th.
Happy Noon Year’s Eve Kit (Oswego)
This Happy Noon Year kit comes with a craft, snack, activity, and more.
Beth’s Specialty Balloons (Schaumburg)
The in-home celebrations will continue to welcome 2021! Balloon party balls are always a huge hit especially with the kids! Available in 3 sizes- comes with confetti, poppers, and balloons
New Year’s Eve At Noon Party Box (Clarendon Hills)
Each box contains enough bubbles, party hats, games, sweet desserts and edible craft activities for three children. $20 per package delivered on December 29.
Create Your Own Party at Home
Why not embrace the year of staying at home together and ring in the new year the same way? Here are some ways to make sure your New Year’s Eve in full of fun.
- Party favors are a great way to get everyone in the mood. Check out some of my favorites here.
- Order from somewhere special, get a meal kit from local restaurant and cook together, or make something you never have before at home. We picked up a special meal kit from Girl and the Goat. It was so fun to cook and amazing!
- Glow stick dance party! Cover your body in glow sticks and turn the lights off for a hilarious dance party.
- Annie’s family played Minute-to-Win-It games one year and had tons of fun!
Other local ideas to get out and celebrate:
- Check out Christmas lights in residential areas. Make sure you look at the details for each house to be sure the house will be lit on New Year’s Eve!
- Check out professional light shows. Many options, such as the Kohl Children’s Museum’s Kohlights, have tickets still available and will be open on NYE.
- Go skating at a local ice rink. Check out our favorite local ice rinks!
- Sledding at a local hill. If there is snow on the ground, embrace the weather and head to a sledding hill with your family!
Looking for more ideas to enjoy the holiday break with your family? Finish your holiday bucket list!