Mini golf courses are some of the most family-friendly venues in this balmy weather. Kids of all ages can navigate past the water features, over train tracks, and through windmills… and maybe even score a hole-in-one! Make it a competition or simply practice your putting while enjoying a beautiful summer day at these miniature golf courses in the western suburbs.
This article is sponsored by Holes and Knolls at the Glen Ellyn Park District and Galaxi Fun Zone in Aurora.
Mini Golf Courses in the Western Suburbs
Outdoor Mini Golf
Sport Zone Park
1900 Hill Avenue
Aurora, IL 60504
- Miniature golf is $10 per round, with attraction package discounts found on their website.
- Part of an outdoor family entertainment center including go-karts and batting cages.
145 South Clow International Pkwy
Bolingbrook, IL 60490
- Adults: $9.95, Children (12 and under): $8.95. Play the second course for $2.
- Outdoors with a 35-foot waterfall. Tip-toe through Big Foot’s cave and navigate the racing rapids.
- Three courses to choose from, with 18 holes each.
Polk Brothers Park at Navy Pier
600 E. Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
- Tickets start at $27.50 for children under 12 years old and $32.50 for adults and children 12 and over on the weekends. During the week, those prices decrease by $2 each.
- Click here to read Annie’s review
Miner Mike’s Adventure Golf
6801 South Main Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
- General admission: $6 per person ($5 per person, if part of a group of 10 or more players).
- Outdoors, features a water wheel and a water tower along with a mining car on a track.
- 18 holes, and located steps from the large playground onsite.
- Annual events and weekly specials available
The Hub at Berens Park
493 North Oaklawn Avenue
Elmhurst, IL 60126
- $6 for residents and $7 for non-residents, all ages (12 and under must be accompanied by an adult).
- Outdoors, water feature and practice green.
- 18 holes
Stone Creek Miniature Golf Course
101 North Street
Geneva, IL 60134
- Residents pay $5 and non-residents pay $6.
- Course includes features such as water wheel, windmill, and wishing well.
Winding slopes, streams, bridges, and tunnels add to the challenge at Holes & Knolls Miniature Golf. Take your best putt and try to sink a hole-in-one this summer. The blue course contains 18 holes of lengthy, flat slopes – easily accessible by strollers and wheelchairs. The red course is decorated with tree and frog obstacles, imitation sand and rough patches, a figure 8, and even a hole carved through a waterfall. Golfers often cool down with slushies, soft drinks, or other favorites (ice cream!) in the Maryknoll Clubhouse. The admission fee is the same whether you choose to play one course or both. The 2022 season runs now through October 30.
River View Miniature Golf
8 North Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174
- Adults ages 16+: $7, Children ages 6 to 15: $6, Children 5 and under: $3.
- Special pricing for the final hour of the day and fall weekends.
- Interactive babbling brook, waterfall, sand traps, windmill, lighthouse, bridges, and scenic views along the Fox River.
- Kayak ($15 per hour, per boat) and paddle boat rentals available ( $19 per boat, per hour).
- Onsite refreshments available.
- 18 holes (9 holes with wheelchair access).
- Putt-n-Save specials are offered daily.
Coyote Crossing Mini Golf
27W650 N Avenue
West Chicago, IL 60185
- Each round of golf costs $6 for visitors between 3 and 61 years old. $4 for seniors 62 and up. Theme days and special events may have different pricing, so check before you go!
- Enjoy 18-holes of railroad-themed mini golf.
Clocktower Mini Golf & Skate Park
South Naperville Road & East Liberty Drive
Wheaton, IL 60187
(630) 665-1299 or (630) 690-4880
- See website for special holiday hours
- $4 for residents ages 15 and under ($5 for non-residents); $5 for residents ages 16 and up ($6 for non-residents); and $4 for seniors (ages 60 and up)
- 10% military discount for active duty and veterans
- 18 holes (10 are ADA accessible) and a practice putting green.
- Prairie-themed course.
Lost Mountain Adventure Golf
1535 75th Street
Woodridge, IL 60517
- Weekdays before noon: $9 for ages 13–64, $7.75 for seniors (ages 65 and up) and ages 12 and under.
- Weekdays after noon, weekends, and holidays: $10 for ages 13 and over, $8.75 for seniors (ages 65 and up) and ages 12 and under
- Replay the same day for only $5.
- Outdoor themed course with a dramatic 22-foot, three-tiered waterfall, and journey to the summit of Lost Mountain.
- 18 holes.
- Click here to save $1 on each admission
Indoor Mini Golf
Glow-in-the-dark fun for all ages. Come check out this fun center to find mini golf, Go Karts, a ropes course, zip line, rock climbing, and more! Everything inside lights up with cool glow-in-the-dark effects. You’ll also find a kids play zone, virtual reality games, and arcade games.
1103 South Main Street
Lombard, IL 60148
- $7 per round (all ages).
- Part of an indoor family entertainment center; nine holes.
- Interactive, glow-in-the-dark course.
- Onsite restaurant offering full menu.
Keep reading for other local outdoor activities to enjoy with your family all summer long!