This Playplace consists of a tree with a spiral staircase inside to climb up and a slide. There is also a very small slide for little ones. Other than this treehouse, there is no other space for running around. This falls on the smaller side of many of the Playplaces in the area, but the tree idea is different.
Is there ample parking? Can you park close?
- Yes, there is a good-sized parking lot.
How much does it cost?
When are they open?
- The Playplace is open from 9 am to 8 pm.
When is the best time or day to go? When is it the least crowded?
- This one has had consistent attendance on the various times I’ve been – breakfast, lunch and mid-afternoon. You will get the least crowds mid-morning.
Was it crowded when you went? or About how many kids were there when you went?
- I’ve been this one often and there are usually 4-6 kids there. The last time we went, it was my two kids and two others.
Are there public bathrooms? Is there a changing table? Are the bathrooms kid-friendly?
- There are bathrooms with changing table, but in the main part of the restaurant, not in the Playplace room.
- Nothing especially kid-friendly about the bathrooms.
Is there a private space to nurse?
- No private space to nurse.
What was your child’s favorite part of the play area? Least favorite?
- Quotes from my son on his favorite part — “All of it! Sliding.”
- His least favorite part — “Not seeing the really big boys so I needed to go quickly.” (It’s so narrow and tight inside the tree, it’s hard to tell where the other kids are).
What was your favorite part? Least favorite?
- My favorite thing about this Playplace is that it’s pretty small, so we don’t end up staying there very long!
- My least favorite part about this particular Playplace is that you cannot see inside the play area. The steps up the treehouse are pretty tight, so if there are kids going both up and down, it can get crowded and things can get a little pushy.
- It was fine. Not gross, but could use a wipedown.
Was the staff friendly? Attentive? Pleasant?
- The staff was nice. I was there one Sunday morning about 20 minutes before the play area was supposed to open and they unlocked it for me.
Is food allowed? Are there designated snack areas? Is food sold there?
- You can only eat food purchased there.
What ages do you feel the play area caters to?
- I think this is good for age three to about ten.
- There isn’t good space for babies/crawlers.
Is there an infant/baby area? Toddler friendly?
- There is a small area for kids meant just for kids under three–a few steps to climb up to a small slide. It’s pretty tiny.
McDonalds Playplace Westchester
11110 West 31st Street
Westchester, IL 60154
Review by: Lisa Katzenberger, mom to four-year-old twins
Thanks Lisa! If anyone has something to add feel free to comment below.
Want to check out other indoor places to play? Click here: Kidlist • Indoor Play Areas