The Chicago Toy and Game Fair (ChiTAG) is coming to Navy Pier on November 23-24, 2019! It’s the biggest toy and game fair in North America that’s open to the public and we look forward to going every year to check out the newest toys and games. This year Kidlist has two family passes to give away, each for up to 2 adults and 4 children, along with a discount for everyone! There are also some new features and opportunities this year, so you’ll want to keep reading to get the details.
This article is sponsored by the Chicago Toy and Game Fair, but all opinions are my own.
ChiTAG gives you the opportunity to review, play with, and test the hottest toys and games from around the world, many of which haven’t even hit the shelves yet! You may even be able to meet the inventors. There’s a huge variety of companies there, from small family businesses that have a passion for their products to large corporations with many divisions of toys and games that have previews of their newest creations.
Young Inventor Challenge
Your kids still have time to enter the Young Inventor Challenge! Registration closes on October 31, but ideas do not need to be submitted until November 11. So if your son or daughter is interested in coming up with a toy or game, make sure to enter them so they can participate. Many of the winning inventions have been licensed by these global companies and can be found on store shelves today!
The 14th Annual Young Inventor Challenge, provides an opportunity for children ages 6 to18 to develop and pitch their original inventions to major toy companies, industry professionals, members of the media and general public. This unique and educational experience ignites imagination, creativity and presentation skills like no other, providing a means of taking these inventions to greater heights, with professional critiques from our industry experts.
There are so many fun things going on during the Chicago Toy and Game Fair! Here are some highlights:
- Gator Golf Putting Green: Get your ‘gator’ on and test your putting skills in the Goliath Games booth
- Fuzzikins: Decorate a Fuzzikins and take home with you. They are so cute! (PlayMonster- Booth 707)
- My Buddy Wheels Riding Space: Ride the cutest balance bikes on the planet (Hot holiday toy!)
- Robert Victor and His Team Create World’s Largest Kid Powered Rocket for CHITAG (Booth 429)
- Frozen Scavenger Hunt
- WTTW Kids BIG IDEA Traveling Lab Performance on Saturday
- Meet Princess Etch-A-Sketch: Artist Jane Labowitch also responds to her professional nom de plume, Princess Etch-A-Sketch null
- IL State Yo-Yo Championship: This is what inspired my son to learn amazing yo-yo tricks for our school’s variety show!
- Teddy Bear Mobile: Create your own stuffed animal friend with the Teddy Bear Mobile Chicago Team (Booth 303)
- See and take pics with the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile
- Meet Star Wars Characters from the 501st Legion
- Blackhawks Inflatable Rink on Saturday
- Baby & Toddler Playspace
- Beer Garden with Adult Board Games: Enjoy beer and tryout new and popular adult games
- Elan Dancers from Naperville Stage Performance
- Ben’s Giant Bubble Show, Giveaways, Stage Events, Magic Shows, Contests
ChiTAG Dates and Times
Saturday, November 23, 2019, 10am-6pm
Sunday, November 24, 2019, 10am-5pm
Adults: $14 ($15 at the Door)
Children: $7 ($8 at the Door)
Discount for Chicago Toy and Game Fair
You can get $3 off ChiTAG admission! Enter the discount code CHITAG3 when you register here: Chicago Toy and Game Fair Tickets or from the Buy Tickets button above.
On Saturday, November 23, 2019 kids dressed in Frozen costumes are free! Click here to get their free child tickets ahead of time and make sure to attend the fair in costume! (Don’t forget to buy a ticket for yourself using the code CHITAG3 for $3 off.)
Parking and Location
You can drive and park at Navy Pier’s parking garage, use SpotHero or catch public transportation to Navy Pier. If you park in Navy Pier’s garage, stop by our registration desk at the Fair entrance and get a sticker for a reduced parking rate of $32/day.
The Chicago Toy & Game Fair is at Navy Pier in Festival Hall A on 2nd floor.
Chicago Toy & Game Fair
Navy Pier Festival Hall
840 East Grand Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611