The Chicago Toy and Game Fair (ChiTAG) is coming to Navy Pier on November 17-18, 2018! It’s the biggest toy and game fair in North America that’s open to kids of all ages and we look forward to going every year to check out the newest toys and games. This year Kidlist has two family passes to give away, each for up to 2 adults and 4 children, along with a discount for everyone! Keep scrolling to enter towards the bottom of this article and head over to Instagram for another chance to win. This article is sponsored by the Chicago Toy and Game Fair, but all opinions are my own.
ChiTAG gives you the opportunity to review, play with, and test the hottest toys and games from around the world, many of which haven’t even hit the shelves yet! You may even be able to meet the inventors. There’s a huge variety of companies there, from small family businesses that have a passion for their products to large corporations with many divisions of toys and games.
Our kids always talk about how cool it is to discover unique toys and games when they are just on the brink of becoming popular. Last year, my son was amazed by all of the tricks that can be done with yo-yos and was inspired to teach himself to be good enough for a talent show performance. It was so fun and inspiring. Those guys from yoyotricks.com are so talented and nice on top of it!
For the first time ever, Santa Claus is coming to the Chicago Toy and Game Fair! The jolly old elf will meet and greet kids of all ages inside a magical toy workshop created from Magformers.
This year’s ChiTAG Fair will debut brand new elements such as a beer garden for adults, celebrating the rising trend of grown up gaming. And on the other end of the spectrum, a baby and toddler playspace will be the perfect stop for the fair’s youngest attendees. Characters from favorite games such as Greedy Granny will come to life for photo opps, Etch-a-Sketch fans can meet one of the medium’s premier artists and participants might even get the chance to play a round of Jenga with the iconic game’s inventor!
- Take a test ride on Razor’s new Drift Rider
- Race your own Automoblox car designs on the race track at PlayMonster’s booth
- Meet Greedy Granny at the Goliath booth
- WTTW’s The Big Idea Tour’s Traveling Lab takes the stage on Saturday, November 17 at 10:30am. Come and Wonder, Watch and Learn More!
- Adults can stop by the Beer Garden for pints of cold suds and sit down to play some of the industry’s best games for grown ups.
- Also new this year, bring your littles to the Baby and Toddler PlaySpace where young builders can try Mindware’s Keva Junior planks, Yoee Baby’s developmental baby toys and more.
- Young inventors 6-18 vie for tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship money in the Young Inventor Challenge
- Watch Princess Etch bring your favorite characters to life on her Etch-a-Sketch
- NEW! Participate in the Stratego National Championship on Sunday November 18 (Sign up at www.chitag.com/stratego-game-championship)
- Moms can get a break at Mommy’s TimeOut in the Beer Garden. (Saturday, November 17 at 3pm)
- Special needs families can come early both days for the Sensory Power Hour sponsored by Playfoam and the National Parenting Network
- Scouts can earn a special Gravi-Trax patch at the Ravensburger booth for competing in a marble run
- Challenge improv artist and comic Ken McGraw from the Upright Citizen’s Brigade to a hilarious game of Sculptapalooza in the Beer Garden
- Contestants from coast to coast compete in the Yoyo Championship
- Build LEGO pinewood derby cars and race!
- Win a Safari Ltd. shopping spree!
- Enjoy Ben’s Giant Bubble Show
- Snap a photo with your favorite Star Wars characters
- Plus, take advantage of discounts on the hottest holiday toys!
16th Annual Chicago Toy & Game Fair: Event Details
Saturday, November 17th 10am-6pm
Sunday, November 18th 10am-5pm
Navy Pier, 840 East Grand Avenue, Festival Hall A & B, Chicago
Adults: $14 ($15 at the Door)
Children: $7 ($8 at the Door)
We are offering $3 off ChiTAG admission! Enter the discount code KIDLIST when you register here: Chicago Toy and Game Fair Tickets or from the Register Now link above.
We recommend reserving parking in advance with SpotHero, a parking reservation service that connects drivers to discounted, convenient parking. Visit the Chicago Toy and Game Fair SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up. New to SpotHero? Click here to download the app and use code CHITAG2018 for 10% off your first park.
While you are there…
After playing your way through ChiTAG, head to Michigan Ave for the Festival of Lights Parade! Click here for the Michigan Avenue Lights Festival Schedule of Events. We walked in the parade with Shedd Aquarium last year and it was so fun to get in the holiday spirit with everyone on the streets of Chicago, not to mention beautiful with all of the lights and cheer.
ChiTAG Family Pass Giveaway
Get Social with #ChiTAG2018
While you are at the Chicago Toy and Game Fair, tag Kidlist (@kidlist for all platforms), and use the hashtag #ChiTAG2018. You can also find them at the following accounts: