Kids Town is a really great place for kids to not only run, jump and play, but to use their imagination and maybe even meet a new friend. It is one large play area divided up into smaller section. There is an indoor climbing playset for the running and jumping; and a number of areas with different themes including: Grocery, Kitchen, Sheriff’s Department, Fire Station, KidsClub, Pet Clinic, Princess Palace.
Is there ample parking? Can you park close?
- It’s in a strip mall. So plenty of parking. Very close.
How much does it cost?
- $10 for a single visit
- $80 for 3 months unlimited
- 10 visit pass for $80
- Under the age of 1 – free, with paid older sibling admission
When are they open?
- Monday, Tuesday & Friday: 9AM – 6PM
- Wednesday & Thursday: 9AM – 7PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
When is the best time or day to go? When is it the least crowded? (You might want to ask someone who works there for their opinion.)
- I asked. She said most days are “pretty busy”. Fridays tend to be the worst. I went on a Sunday so I can only reference Sunday.
Was it crowded when you went? or About how many kids were there when you went?
- I was there on Sunday from 11:30 – 3:30 and I would say it was busy. Not crowded or overly busy, but about 15 – 20 kids at any given time.
Are there public bathrooms? Is there a changing table? Are the bathrooms kid-friendly?
- There are 2 family bathrooms both have changing tables. Both are also kid friendly with stools for kids to wash their hands.
Is there a private space to nurse?
- No private nursing station.
- My son’s two favorite parts were riding in the mini-cars, delivering the mail. He really spent little to no time in the Grocery…it was not well stocked :)
What was your favorite part? Least favorite?
- My favorite part is that my little boy met a new “best buddy” and they ran and played for nearly the entire 3+ hours we were there.
Is it clean?
- It is clean. They ask that there are no food or drinks in the play area. They have a separate area for eating. Because of this, the play areas are clean and they keep the food area picked up.
Was the staff friendly? Attentive? Pleasant?
- The three staff there upon arrival were all very nice and helpful. One picking up the toys and moving things back to their respective rooms and two at the desk. They answered all my questions and were very nice.
Is food allowed? Are there designated snack areas? Is food sold there?
- Food is allowed, but NO PEANUTS/peanut butter, etc. I brought lunch for my son and of course it was PB&J. The good news, they have a menu for a pizza joint next door that will deliver, quickly and no delivery fee. They had chicken tenders for my son and a nice grilled chicken salad for me. They have a separate room for meals and it’s clean and music plays. They do sell a small amount of food and drinks. Primarily snacks, sodas and juice boxes.
What ages do you feel the play area caters to?
- My son is 3.5 and loved it. The kids there ranged from about 18 months to 10. The 10 years olds just ran around and chased each other. The 18 month old didn’t do much. So I would say 2 – 7 would be an ideal age.
Is there an infant/baby area? Toddler friendly?
- There is a small area with toddler toys. My only hesitation is with the older kids there running around, if the toddlers leave the toddler area they just might get knocked over. Most of the younger ones did just fine, but I saw a kid or two topple.
Anything else you want to highlight?
- For the dad’s out there…they had a TV on with the hockey game playing. Seems like a good way to entertain the kids and be entertained yourself.
- My only negative comment is that many of the toys are obviously well-used and really no longer work. The cash registers in the “grocery” and the tools in the workshop…either need new batteries or don’t work at all. Did not seem to phase the kids at all, but worth noting.
Kids Town Play and Party
1141 Butterfield Road
Wheaton, IL 60189
Review by: Sarah Watson, mom of 3 kids ages 3.5, 15 & 16
Thanks Sarah! If anyone has something to add feel free to comment below.
Want to check out other indoor places to play? Click here: Kidlist • Indoor Play Areas