This year in addition to their winter sessions, the Celtics Juniors are also having a free day, offering kids the opportunity to learn from Coach Chris in January. Both their Juniors Program sessions and Free Day details are below. If your child is interested in soccer, you’ll want to find out about Celtics Juniors!
The La Grange Celtics Juniors Program is a youth development soccer academy that provides fun, age-appropriate instruction to their youngest players (U4-U7). The winter program starts in November and is designed as a starting point in your child’s soccer development towards being successful in traveling soccer. The professional trainers from Celtics will provide age-appropriate technical, skill-based instruction as well as teaching game behaviors. The goal of Juniors is to create a fun and safe environment to learn the basic tools and skills of the game. This will aid in building confidence, self-esteem, and a love and passion for the game.
Your aspiring soccer star will…
- Learn basic technical skills
- Learn fundamental skills such as dribbling, shooting and passing
- Develop an understanding of the physical and mental aspects of the game
- Enjoy a social and competitive atmosphere that is fun and productive
- Be coached by a professional who is comfortable interacting with and conveying knowledge to our youngest Celtics
- Receive a high coach-to-player ratio, based on the belief that younger players need more individual attention
- Develop in a stress-free and focused environment to help nurture and develop these young players
- Experience an emphasis on skill development that focuses on long-term benefits, rather than short-term gain
- Learn about sportsmanship, respect for oneself, respect for others and respect for the game
There are two winter sessions for 2016-17 and each session will be on Saturday mornings from either 9:20-10:20 am or 10:20-11:20am.
- November 19
- December 3
- December 10
- December 17
- January 14
- January 21
- January 28
- February 4
Each session date will take place at GrassHopper Indoor Soccer, located at 4170 Madison Street in Hillside, IL 60162.
The La Grange Celtics are offering a free day on January 7, 2017 at the Grasshopper (4170 Madison St. in Hillside), between the first and second winter sessions. There are two free sessions available that day: 9:20-10:20 and 10:20-11:20. Each session will be led by Coach Chris, who runs the Juniors Program. It’s a great opportunity to learn soccer skills and try the program. Space is limited! Registration is required, so reserve your spot at www.theceltics.org.
This post brought to you by Celtics Soccer Club.