The Kidlist calendar is sponsored by the Kane County Cougars who are offering all Kidlist fans BOGO reserved or lawn tickets this season! Click or tap on the image above and enter the Special Offer Code KIDLIST to receive this deal for any game you choose.
- This event has passed.
Passport Europe Festival
September 22, 2018
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until September 23, 2018
Visitors won’t need to travel far to watch authentic dance performances from Greece, learn about time-honored sports from the United Kingdom, and enjoy the music of the traditional Bavarian instrument, the 12-foot-long Alpenhorn, this September.
The Morton Arboretum’s fifth-annual Passport Europe Festival will feature dancing, live music, and athletic demonstrations Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23.
Taking place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and free with Arboretum admission, the festival will also draw attention to the Arboretum’s well-established trees from throughout Northern Europe.
New this year, visitors can enjoy tastings of wine or beer from regions throughout the continent with the festival’s brand-new Taste of Europe. Tickets to the tasting will be offered on-site at the festival.
Several performance areas will feature entertainment, including, but not limited to:
- Take in the fast footwork of Spanish flamenco dancers accompanied by Guitarra Azul, an ensemble performing on the Spanish guitar.
- Watch a demonstration of hurling, a traditional Irish field sport played with bats and a ball.
- Stand among living statues covered in paint and wearing costumes that coordinate with the festival’s European theme.
- Enjoy traditional German songs during a set from oompah band Jimmy’s Bavarians.
- Listen to spirited Polish polka music from Danny Mateja & the IPA Band.
- Croon along with Rat Pack Jazz. In addition to his Italian repertoire, singer Frank Lamphere performs covers of classic Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin songs.
- Witness the intricate and graceful techniques of the dancers of Salt Creek Ballet.
“Visitors can enjoy a wide range of performances that highlight the diversity of European cultures while enjoying tree collections from throughout the continent, like the towering trees of our Spruce Plot that make you feel as though you’ve traveled to a forest in Romania,” said Gina Steele, special events coordinator at The Morton Arboretum. “Visitors can also explore a vendor expo, join in the activities, and dine on dishes with a European connection.”
Find more information about the Passport Europe Festival and the full roster of Arboretum activities at mortonarb.org.
We do our best to provide comprehensive, accurate and useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from press releases, websites, signs around town and word of mouth. However, details change and people make mistakes, so please confirm the details before you go. Kidlist is not responsible for any problems that occur while participating in activities listed on this site.
Click on the button above to submit an event for the Kidlist calendar. We welcome everyone to submit events, given that they are family-friendly events (no ongoing classes or camps) and are local for families in the western suburbs of Chicago. All submitted events are reviewed by the Kidlist team.