- This event has passed.
Maple Syrup Daze
March 7, 2020, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm$7
All ages welcome! Our naturalists will teach you all about maple tree tapping. Here’s what you’ll get to do:
• Learn about the history of maple tapping and how it was discovered
• Go on a short hike to learn how to identify maple trees (even without leaves!)
• Watch a maple tree tapping demonstration and learn about the equipment used
• At the fire pit, learn how the sap is cooked
• Eat pancakes and taste the difference between real maple syrup and generic brand maple syrup!
We do our best to provide comprehensive, accurate and useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from press releases, websites, signs around town and word of mouth. However, details change and people make mistakes, so please confirm the details before you go. Kidlist is not responsible for any problems that occur while participating in activities listed on this site.
Submit an Event
Click on the button above to submit an event to the Kidlist calendar. We welcome everyone to submit events, given that they are family-friendly, free and/or drop-in, and are local for families in the west and northwest suburbs of Chicago. All submitted events are reviewed by the Kidlist team.