- This event has passed.
December 2, 2017, 2:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
2 pm – 5 pm:
- Visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Irish Times Cottage
- Entertainment, refreshments, crafts, and a great holiday photo booth opportunity at the Village Hall
- Professional wood carving demonstration at the historic Grossdale Station
- Model railroad exhibit at the Brookfield Metra Station/new Loca Mocha
- Strolling Carolers on Grand Blvd.
- Creative kids craft kits at the Library
- Pictures with Frosty at Betty’s Flowers and Gifts
- Balloon artist Tommy Twister at Tischler’s
- Jingle bell making at Ms Clara’s
- Raffle basket entries at the Chamber welcome tent
2 pm – 7 pm
- A variety of in-store treats, activities, entertainment and “specials” throughout the Grand and Broadway business districts
- “Snowmen” outdoor art display at 8 Corners
- “Reindeer” outdoor art display at the Grossdale Station
- Brookfield residents’ “reindeer” outdoor art display
- Petting Zoo at 8 Corners/CUMC Community Garden (3 pm-7 pm)
- Chamber and Village hospitality tents at 8 Corners
- Treats by Mary’s Morning Mix-Up at 8 Corners/Progress Park
5 pm – 6 pm
- Tree Lighting Festivities at 8 Corners/Veterans Memorial Circle
- Glow stick give-away
- Holiday sing-along with Ms. Clara
- Holiday raffle basket drawings – adults
- Raffle basket drawing for Snowman-coloring participants – kids
- Santa’s arrival & lighting of the Brookfield tree (5:30 pm)
- Post-lighting caroling progression down Grand Blvd
We do our best to provide comprehensive, accurate and useful information about events and activities. This information (such as times and locations) is gathered from press releases, websites, signs around town and word of mouth. However, details change and people make mistakes, so please confirm the details before you go. Kidlist is not responsible for any problems that occur while participating in activities listed on this site.
Submit an Event
Click on the button above to submit an event to the Kidlist calendar. We welcome everyone to submit events, given that they are family-friendly, free and/or drop-in, and are local for families in the western suburbs of Chicago. All submitted events are reviewed by the Kidlist team.